Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Bad bearing on water pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Turbo17
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My failed WPs always seem to leak that green fluid and the radiator pressure test often shows a pressure drop/leak. Do you have any similar signs? I'd open it up and find the cause - WP, idler pulley or whatever. Once it's making noise, it needs to be fixed whatever it is, and it's the same place for all, unless it's in the alternator, AC compressor or PS pump. If you've ruled out those three accessories it's time to open it up.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I ordered the tune up tools today. So I'll see how it goes.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:17 AM
Last Lemming
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

OK, last night I got the intake system, the lower pans, and the outer belts off. I noticed a small coolant leak from what looks like a temperature sensor below the upper coolant hose to the radiator. I've attached a video for verification. It looks like a leak from a brass fitting of some sort.

The video quality isn't great in these conditions, but basically Im by the front left wheel under the car looking up at the senor. Above the sensor is the radiator hose.

What is this brass fitting (engine temp sensor/fan sensor?) and can it be changed with the radiator in the car?

Last edited by Last Lemming; 07-11-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Bad bearing on water pump