carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i see nothing wrong either.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:22 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im sending the whole engine to LR anyways to check her out im going to redo the bottom end any ways idk if I should go 2.8l or 3.0L I know 3.0 is little bit more money
Old 04-29-2013, 08:54 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by URG8RB8
I agree with Scott, I don't see too much to be alarmed about, but you can only tell so much from pictures. There is one vertical line in one cylinder, but can't tell from picture if it is something to worry about. As previously mentioned, reinstall your head and run both a compression check and leak down test.

Item of note: Rings are tricky on this engine. Factory Porsche rings are rediculously expensive and hard to locate. Aftermarket rings from Goetze are not that good out of the box and require alot of fitment. Do you know which rings the previous builder installed on your pistons? LR does offer their own rings now, but I personally have no experience with them. My car was one of the reasons they had their's made. Finding a good set of rings proved very difficult. I finally bit the bullet and ordered a factory set from Germany for nearly $600.00 including shipping!

By the way, I will be shocked if you can get a 2.8L bottom end (short block) installed and tested at LR for $5K. I think you would be hard pressed to do it yourself for that price.
I have the LR rings in my car. so far so good. There's a few in Australia using their rings. Just need to gap them, which isn't easy with out the right tools.

Originally Posted by JBrown
im sending the whole engine to LR anyways to check her out im going to redo the bottom end any ways idk if I should go 2.8l or 3.0L I know 3.0 is little bit more money
Man stick with a 2.5L With decent mods, you can get good power from a 2.5

Quick Reply: bad news