Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Question on cycling valve...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 04:14 PM
Motosport
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Question on cycling valve...

I know this is probably a bit of a noob question, but better safe than sorry I guess..

I'm in the process of installing new turbo, M-tune, Tial WG and MBC. I know the MBC bypasses the cycling valve, so my question is, what do I do with the cycling valve itself..? Do I just leave it in there, or can it be removed..?

And if I remove it, what about the hose going to the AFM/MAF, is that deleted all together..? And what about that electrical plug sitting on top of the cycling valve, what does it do and can it just be left unplugged or..??

Thanks - Alex.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Hej,

The connector can be left unplugged.

The "hose" going to the J-boot is part of the breather system. It's better to leave it on.

Just remove the cycling valve and make sure to connect the boost lines correctly to your MBC, wherever you decide to place it. It's best to have the lines as short as possible.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The electrical plug your CV used to be plugged into for power can be used for your M-Tune.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:54 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I removed the hardlines that went to the CV, and kept the center breather line, also installed a venturi delete while I had it all apart, really cleans things up
Old 04-10-2013, 03:45 AM
Motosport
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Cool.. Thanks for all the great advise.. Haven't thought about using the CV plug for the M-tune 12V supply, but it makes perfectly good sense of course..

If I leave the breather hose attached to the J-boot/M-tune maf, where does the other end connect if I remove the cycling valve itself..??

My car is an '89 so luckily no venturi delete needed.. And I'm having a hard time seeing how that would fit underneath the intake to begin with.., holy crap this is one packed engine bay..

Thanks - Alex

Quick Reply: Question on cycling valve...