Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951 rear hatch pins

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 03:05 PM
adrooz
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 951 rear hatch pins

The driver's side rear pin catches and makes it difficult to release the hatch. My understanding is that it may be a warp issue from many track miles. It is a b&%$* to open. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
adrooz
Old 04-08-2013, 03:19 PM
Ben951S
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The rear pins are adjustable (height), and the receptacles are adjustable for position. Adjust it so it doesn't catch.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Quinlan
Racer

Originally Posted by Ben951S
The rear pins are adjustable (height), and the receptacles are adjustable for position. Adjust it so it doesn't catch.
Make sure you have it all open and accessible before you start to adjust it. Because you might just have to crawl back there with a 10mm nut driver to loosen it to get the hatch open again if you adjust it wrong, and it is less frustrating if the nuts are already accessible.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:05 PM
catamount
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Something that is often overlooked and not mentioned is the hatch pin seats. They do degrade over time and eventually break apart.

My hatch rattled and never did open consistently. One pin always seemed to catch and not release. I tried every type of adjustment I could make on the pins and the receiver to no avail. When I replaced the pin seats all of the sudden my rattle issue was gone and my hatch opened easily with the key or the button.

There is one vendor that I am aware of who sells just the seats, everyone else sells the entire receiver. http://www.only944.com/partscatalog/...hpinseats.html. FYI, I have no affiliation other than buying these from them.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:14 PM
adrooz
AutoX

Thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:07 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,115 Likes on 1,841 Posts

Originally Posted by Quinlan
Originally Posted by Ben951S
Make sure you have it all open and accessible before you start to adjust it. Because you might just have to crawl back there with a 10mm nut driver to loosen it to get the hatch open again if you adjust it wrong, and it is less frustrating if the nuts are already accessible.
Exactly. And when you have a roll cage this situation becomes even more serious. Plan ahead to avoid disaster.

Quick Reply: 951 rear hatch pins