Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Bleed Your Clutch the Easy Way!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013 | 11:55 AM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gregeast
Did you 'buy' your bleeder like I did? I borrowed it from Autozone, decided it was a great tool and ended up just keeping it and letting them charge me for it per the agreement.
did the same thing...

I dig my Motive and it works very well. I generally use mine dry too, but have put the fluid in the unit to try it that way too.
Old 04-06-2013 | 01:44 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gregeast
Swanky, well done Shawn!

Did you 'buy' your bleeder like I did? I borrowed it from Autozone, decided it was a great tool and ended up just keeping it and letting them charge me for it per the agreement.
Yes, lol
Old 04-06-2013 | 08:13 PM
veleno
Rennlist Member

Sorry for the noob question, but how exactly does this work? I see the adapter & hose connected to the brake master but unsure how the whole process works. Any insight is appreciated as I'm going to be replacing my clutch master and slave in a couple of weeks and would need to bleed the system. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2013 | 08:19 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by veleno
Sorry for the noob question, but how exactly does this work? I see the adapter & hose connected to the brake master but unsure how the whole process works. Any insight is appreciated as I'm going to be replacing my clutch master and slave in a couple of weeks and would need to bleed the system. Thanks.

No problem at all veleno. Here would be a good place to start:

http://www.clarks-garage.com/pdf-manual/clutch-02.pdf
Old 04-06-2013 | 08:54 PM
veleno
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the link. I'm still curious what the pump you used is for? Does it take the place of someone depressing the clutch pedal or does it negate the need for raising the rear of the car or....
Old 04-06-2013 | 09:07 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the link. I'm still curious what the pump you used is for? Does it take the place of someone depressing the clutch pedal or does it negate the need for raising the rear of the car or....
Yes, the clutch is quite hard to bleed the traditional way. With this setup you fill the reservoir up and apply about 5 psi then open the bleeder on the slave cylinder until you get a solid stream of brake fluid and then close the bleeder. I attach a vacuum hose to the bleeder on the slave cylinder and run the hose to a bottle. I usually get my wife to keep the pressure constant while I am down below to close the bleeder valve once all the air is pushed out.
Old 04-20-2013 | 12:49 PM
veleno
Rennlist Member

For those who use the Motive bleeders, which model do you have and does it thread onto the brake master cylinder with nothing else to purchase?
Old 04-20-2013 | 01:45 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

I bought the one that Lindsey Sells. It threads right on. It had adapters for other vehicles also.

For those who use the Motive bleeders, which model do you have and does it thread onto the brake master cylinder with nothing else to purchase?
Old 04-20-2013 | 02:11 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Yes, the Motive bleeder is nice....but if you look at this you will find that everything is there except the cap. Just get an old cap and plumb it to this.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/13376324?w...l5=pla&veh=sem

Its available everywhere and a lot cheaper than the motive bleeder.

PS - You welcome!
Old 04-20-2013 | 02:14 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Nice and you can do the lawn too

Originally Posted by Chris White
Yes, the Motive bleeder is nice....but if you look at this you will find that everything is there except the cap. Just get an old cap and plumb it to this.

PS - You welcome!
Old 04-21-2013 | 07:54 AM
veleno
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gruhsy
I bought the one that Lindsey Sells. It threads right on. It had adapters for other vehicles also.
Did you get the regular "Red" label bleeder or the "Black" label Motive?

Originally Posted by Chris White

PS - You welcome!
I was actually thinking about this before I posted. Only reason I didn't go and look further into it is because I want the gauge that tells how much pressure is in the tank and for me to mod the sprayer tank to make it similar I'd rather not DIY and instead buy one
Old 04-21-2013 | 02:52 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

I think the black. Its the one that has all the fittings for different vehicles.

Did you get the regular "Red" label bleeder or the "Black" label Motive?

I was actually thinking about this before I posted. Only reason I didn't go and look further into it is because I want the gauge that tells how much pressure is in the tank and for me to mod the sprayer tank to make it similar I'd rather not DIY and instead buy one
Old 04-21-2013 | 05:14 PM
veleno
Rennlist Member

Thanks, I'll give them a call.

Quick Reply: Bleed Your Clutch the Easy Way!