Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Clutch Removal Verdict

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 10:19 AM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougs951S
A shop probably would charge you that much for labor, the shop manual says 16 hours I believe for a turbo clutch. Its funny you say MA since I actually am from boston, but I'm living in Austin, tx currently so if you can get yourself and the car down here I'd certainly help! How''ve you and the car been Jeffrey, enjoying the k27 power?

Haha! Yeah Austin would be a bit of journey for me.

Love my K27 with Rogue tuning's M tune.

Still trying to figure out my oil consumption as I am using 1qt/600 miles. This was happening prior to the new turbo.

Hope all is well with you Doug.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Dash01
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

When I had my clutch replaced, the mechanic simply unbolted the bell housing and rear end, then rolled the entire bell housing/rear end assembly (with rear wheels attached) out of the way. He used a telescoping pole to keep the rear of the engine from hanging down too far, which also kept it at the right angle for re-assembly with the bell housing. This procedure took less than half the published book rate of shop time.

If I had the clutch job to do over again, I'd either do that or just drop the tranny per other posts above, and do it myself in my garage, saving lots of money. I'd get a rebuilt clutch fork from the Canadian 944 guy who used to post here years ago. Is he still around?

If you remove the driveshaft and transaxle/rear end as a unit, take the time to clean it up while off the car. A can or two of brake cleaner or a pressure washer would be time well spent, especially on the pigtail tranny cooler, if your car has one. Also, that's a great time to Redline or Royal Purple the tranny fluid, change O rings, swap or replace CV joints, etc.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:25 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dash01
I'd get a rebuilt clutch fork from the Canadian 944 guy who used to post here years ago. Is he still around?.
Are you referring to Markus Blaszak?

Quick Reply: Clutch Removal Verdict