Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

5th Injector?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 12:18 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by blown 944
I'll answer since it was on my car. The injector is mounted right after the inter cooler. I do think that the injector style plays a role in effectively atomizing the fuel within the incoming air.

I would like to take a step back and say that it may not be the solution for everyone. If I were starting from scratch, I'd just go with 100# units. That was not the case and Josh wanted to test out the fifth injector and I needed more fuel. We already had the tune set for the 4, so he saved that tune and mapped a tube for the fifth. So switching between the tunes was as easy as un plugging the injector and changing the coding plug. I was surprised how little difference there was in terms of drive ability.

It works great and saved me about $5-600

However, there are risks as well. Say one injector fails, you only get fuel from the fifth. That would equal a burnt piston. Pretty unlikely though. I keep a pretty good eye on AFRs, and EGT's So a little different than most.
Yes +1

This was mainly a budget decision for me. In general I would not recommend it. I do think it made sense for me given my goals and particular situation.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:27 PM
DannyLaQc
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could try to increase fuel pressure by an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

I would put the 5th injector just before throttle body. I would not like to have some atomised fuel in the turbo when the bypass valve open.

Quick Reply: 5th Injector?