Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Packaged Power upgrades, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 01:25 AM
chrisconstantin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Packaged Power upgrades, what do you think?

So, I had an idea to do a 3.0L car a couple of years ago. I had everything ready to do it, did a ton of research and ended up scraping the idea before it got legs due to length of the project and what seemed to be unknown total build costs. I am not watching these projects become more plentiful and the kinks getting worked out so I am getting the bug again. I am not ready to dive into the 3.0L world just yet, but ultimately that is where I will land.

In the meantime, I want to add a bit more power to the car. I have a PowerHaus supplied chipset and MAF currently. I have been looking at kits with a couple of vendors and am thinking of doing the Lindsey kit to tide me over. It is this one in the link http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Parts/951PACK340.html

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on this kit were? Is there another kit I should consider? I know that Vitesse is a good option too. He lives right here in town and I could have him install it I think. Any other options I would be smart to consider? Should I do an a la carte assembly of different components? I just would like to have something, at least for now, that is plug and play. I would not mind something that I could actually do myself either.

Thoughts?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:31 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

I have the kit with my 3.0L and a few changed out parts...bigger turbo and 5 inch exhaust.

Ask Dave Lindsey if you could get the kit but with the M-tune. That kit but with the new features in Josh's kit would be a nice setup.

I would add....as long as maintenance and upkeep with you car is good
Old 12-19-2012, 03:19 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if john is local, buy his stage 3 kit. im sure he'd install it for you at a price though
Old 12-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

What were your thoughts on Pauly's sticky?
Old 12-19-2012, 02:55 PM
chrisconstantin
Advanced

So we have the Vitesse kit and the Lindsey kit. Vitesse is about 400 bucks more and seems to include less. The Lindsey kit comes with an exhaust and injectors, wastegate and boost controller. The "value" seems to be with the Lindsey kit.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:02 PM
chrisconstantin
Advanced

Hey Ted, I see what you did there. I did look over it. His sticky was very verbose but in a good way. It mentioned many things as an a la carte, it was very descriptive, but my question was more in line with what "kit" I could buy. Since Paulyy didn't try to send me to his sticky, I think he sensed what I was asking. If I were to just go ahead and buy a pre packaged kit, whom do you think makes the most compete one for the money and to open some dialogue about these kits for readers/posters that may also be interested in just purchasing something that takes a little bit of the homework out of finding and piecing together several different parts that are not already mated together by someone that has infinitely more knowledge than myself.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

really you can buy option 1 from vitesse and option 2 from LR in the sticky under the 400rwhp LR do hold the M-tune.
Minus the exhaust from vitesse, Anyone can make one for you really. in your case, just buy the vitesse stage 3 and be done with it.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

Since ehall is absent, it's my duty.

Quick Reply: Packaged Power upgrades, what do you think?