Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Speedforce racing issues. Anyone else??

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 07:02 PM
RED.86.951
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speedforce racing issues. Anyone else??

I have some early Speedforce racing products and the quality is substandard in my opinion. For example, the 38MM wastegate adapter plates are off by an 1/8 of an inch on each plate, which will require me to drill out my mounting holes on my TIAL so that the screw line up with the tapped holes in the plates. This is ONE of THREE products that they sold me that I have had issues with; curious is anyone else had experienced the same?

-Matt
Old 12-15-2012, 07:27 PM
jc in rb
Racer

Old 12-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Some stuff was better than others.

The aluminum coolant tank i bought fit great and i was pretty happy with it. The only issue was the sight tube used which was really sub standard and a hazard in my opinion (could easily burst). I posted about this and came up with a better solution with some readily available parts from McMasterCarr. Made a thread about this.

The front mount intercooler..well there is a pretty lengthy thread about its fitment on my car. The charge pipes were also about an inch too short, Tim said he would make me new pipes and never did.

I bought a 2.5" test pipe years ago for my n/a.. fit was off quite a bit at the 2 3-bolt flanges, so far off it wouldnt even seal.

My 951 came with a 3" exhaust and the fitment was decent, though the midpipe for some reason angled towards the right, not perfectly straight.

I had a set of Stage 1 headers i bought and ended up not using. I resold them on here; turns out the 1-4 y-pipe must have been warped or something because the flanges were like 1/4" from lining up. There was NO flex in this header so stretching was not an option without either cracking the merge collector or breaking a stud. I should also mention the merge collector was cracked, sent back to SFR and repaired, maybe the header warped then, i have no idea. The buyer and i were able to resolve this mutually but i felt terrible about it.

BTW, i had the Tial adapter plates from them also. They actually fit fine through there choice of material could have been better. These things looked like hell on my car when i took them off... 20k or so miles on them in the north east will do that to any untreated steel. Stainless like the ones from Pauer Tuning would have been nice.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I think a lot of people had issues. Who really knows why anymore, but there is a reason he was banned from here.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:16 AM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

my older testpipe did not line up at all at the 3 bolt flange. I had to drill the bolt holes a lot.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:26 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i also have SFR flanges on my 951. i would rather use SS ones form pauer tuning as now mine have surface rust on them which isn't great.

I have SFR IC pipes. great! no issues with them, except mine are 2.5" and where to high for the turbo i was using so i cut the length and now it's perfect
Old 12-16-2012, 09:22 AM
xupkid2
Pro

I have a set of stage 1 headers and they fit well. The gripe I have is that I had them coated from SFR and a large portion of the coating flaked off after 1-2 heat cycles. Ive been running them as is for a few years now and no other issues.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:40 PM
Willard Bridgham 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ModdedEverything951S
I think a lot of people had issues. Who really knows why anymore, but there is a reason he was banned from here.
I've been around here too long.

The reason he was banned was a bunch of nasty exchanges between him and other vendors where he was the nastor and others the nastees....he apparently thought competitive business practice included dissing others.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:32 PM
CurtP
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I have their cat-back. Fitment sucks and their customer service is non-existant. I'd like to whack those ******** in the face with the intermediate pipe.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:43 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by CurtP
I have their cat-back. Fitment sucks and their customer service is non-existant. I'd like to whack those ******** in the face with the intermediate pipe.
Same here...
Old 12-16-2012, 08:46 PM
RED.86.951
Instructor

OK just making sure!, I will never buy anything else from them. I called for TECH support on a wire harness they sold me and included the EXACT nomenclature that was listed on my receipt when I was told, "I think you're confusing us with another company, we never sold anything like that". And the GEN 1 Intake I got from them is so poorly designed that you need to remove the throttle body to remove the number 1 spark plug. JUNK in my opinion.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:02 PM
carlege
Drifting

I believe there was a time when he had really good quality stuff. (when i first joined he was a reputable dealer) I dont believe 951's are a priority anymore to him and this is his way of letting people know it. I have not bought anything but i have watched reviews turn from sweet to sour in a couple years.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:48 PM
944CS
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a few years ago I custom ordered a 2.75" Downpipe for my Turbo as I knew this would provide all the performance my #6 hot housing needed, but I did not want the installation headaches of a 3".

I also ordered it ceramic coated.

I get the pipe and the inlet is not internally welded - the exhasut gases have a nice wall to hit. Not what I expected from a company called "Speed Force Racing", let alone one that competes directly with Lindsey Racing.

Next problem, I didn't realize until years later, the thing isn't even 2.75" like I had ordered - its 2.5". And, they didn't use stainless steel on the flanges. They didn't rust bad, as they were ceramic coated, but the whole pipe was supposed to be 304 stainless.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 246 Posts

I'll chime in... I would never give Tim/SFR another penny of my money. I paid $1700 for the 3" down pipe + full exhaust & the hassle was beyond believable. I literally had to pester him for weeks after the promised ship date to get the exhaust, which then took $$$ of labor to fit correctly (with a temporary gasket that I had to make), THEN I had pester him for another 3 months to send me the gasket that should have been sent with the exhaust originally. Pathetic.

He even used the 'I've had the flu' excuse.

The quality (except for fitment) of the exhaust parts are very good & the gains in performance noticeable, though I have to say that the balance still shifts towards utter dissatisfaction with SFR.

Go elsewhere.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:43 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

May as well shovel $100 notes into the fire....

Quick Reply: Speedforce racing issues. Anyone else??