944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

More presicion_motorsport (Mike Hobocan) drama from a long time customer

Old 10-13-2012, 10:14 PM
chad951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More presicion_motorsport (Mike Hobocan) drama from a long time customer

All,

I posted this in another thread but wanted to bring this to everyone's attention outright. I have been buying parts from precision_motorsport (ebay id), aka Mike Hobocan for a few years. He has always treated me well and has always had stellar prices on some very nice used 944/951 parts. I was like many of you out there that were under the impression that Mike was a stand up kind of guy albiet with some bad communication skills when dealing with angry customers. Well, I stand hear before all you naysayers with egg on face as I have just been scammed royally by Mr. Hobocan.

The story starts by me noticing one of his ebay auctions for a new condition, refurbished set of 17" Ruf Speedlines. Since the 3.6L turbo Speedline wheel's price have crashed through the roof, I decided to make him a cash offer on the rims to help him out with eBay/Paypal fees and such. This was my first mistake. I figured since I had a good history with him he would treat me right as he always has. Well, since I did not purchase the rims through an eBay auction or pay for them via Paypal, he decided to defraud me. I have to believe that he has the rims in his auction as if someone would have paid his full asking price through ebay and received what I received his pefect feedback rating would have been forever tarnished. Anyway, to avoid repeating myself, please see below for what I posted in another thread.

Guys, please, please, please, do not trust this guy. He is not honest and should not be in business. He needs to be in jail if he continues to do business in this manner. Please be careful guys. I do not want to see other's get scammed.

Well, I can tell you from my most recent experience that Mike Hobocan (ebay id precision_motorsport) is not an honest seller. He just ripped me off for a set of 17" Ruf Speedline rims that he had listed on eBay. His wonderful, prompt, communication suddenly stopped once I received the rims and attempted to contact him about this matter.

He had these rims listed in his auction as "new", "refinished" condition Click here to see for yourself. What I received however was a very well used set of track rims. He didn't even clean them up. They still have tar/tire boogers all over the insides of the rims. They all have wheel weights on them with duct tape over them (aka from trackday). The edges of the rims are really marred from multiple tire changes and the tire rubbing on them from super hard cornering. They even have valve stems installed, with chrome caps. Those chrome caps must be worth a fortune. The faces of the rims are covered in fine scratches (It looks like someone cleaned them with a scotchbrite pad). These rims may have been refinished at one time by Wheel Enhancement but they have had substantial use between then and now. Pictures of what I received from Mr. Hobocan as promised.. What?...Those aren't new, refurbished rims? What a *******. I gave him $2500 shipped for the rims which was a decent deal if they were indeed in newly refinished condition. As you can see from the photos, the rims I received are far from that condition.

The funny thing is that I have purchased quite a few used 944 parts from him in the past and never had a problem like so many have. Why would a business owner treat a good repeat customer like this? How would he ever have thought he would get away with this? Anyway, it is not about the refund of money or if and when he actually addresses this issue with me. The point I am trying to make is he blatantly misrepresented a product, took money for said product, and delivered something else. That is fraud no matter how you look at it.

My sister-in-law reported someone for internet fraud through http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx and had very positive results. I believe I will do the same if he leaves me hanging past tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get the local authorities to pay him a visit. I will let everyone know how this turns out.

I sure hope to god Excellence magazine never has and never will do an article about this guy unless it is an article warning everyone about how much of a crook this guy is.

We all just need to stop buying from this guy! If we all can resist the temptation of his cheap parts prices then we can put this guy out of business for good. Who's with me?
Cheers.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:32 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

"Paging Lart...a Mr Lart....how about a Mr Fejjj...Mr Fejjj..???"
Old 10-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Reimu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hm
Old 10-14-2012, 02:16 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

I am speechless, well not really. A customer who is willing to send you $ 2500.00 right away is as good as it gets, unbelievable
Old 10-14-2012, 02:21 AM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 39 Posts

Amen to everything stated in your post Chad.

IF you find it absolutely necessary to buy from this guy, then MAKE sure you go through ebay AND pay through PayPal WITH a credit card!

As stated before, dealing with this loser is like playing with a snake. If you play long enough, you are going to get bit!

Chad, Please file a complaint with the government Internet fraud division not only for your own sake but for anyone else that WILL get screwed by this loser in the future.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:29 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,218 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Looks like someone parked their car using the braille method.

I should start a Precision Motorsports escrow service. For a small fee you wire me the money and I go pick up your parts.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:34 PM
p5th
Burning Brakes

I saw those rims and had considered them. Have also considered getting used 951 long block. Now that I've heard your story......hell no. Thanks for info,sorry you've had bad experience man.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:41 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by p5th
I saw those rims and had considered them. Have also considered getting used 951 long block. Now that I've heard your story......hell no. Thanks for info,sorry you've had bad experience man.
So Phernell, who do you usually buy from on ebay?
Old 10-14-2012, 06:43 PM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Everyone needs to read this thread.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:10 AM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Bump
Old 10-15-2012, 01:46 AM
Emily750
Advanced

when I bought my 951 that had a spun bearing I bought a engine from him on eBay. I went to his house to pick it up and it look nothing like what was pictured on eBay. I didn't say anything cause I was anxious to get my car running.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:19 AM
Copilot
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I accidentally ordered a few small parts from him back before I knew of Lart (and before I joined Rennlist). I don't understand how the heck he gets such crappy parts in his inventory that somehow still work - the auxiliary waterpump I got from him literally looked like it had been used on an offroad vehicle (ie. rusted and corroded)
Old 10-16-2012, 02:47 AM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Bump
Old 10-17-2012, 02:01 AM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Do not buy from this loser!!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:39 PM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

I hear this loser sank so low as to send a box of chocolate to a diabetic... some people!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: More presicion_motorsport (Mike Hobocan) drama from a long time customer