Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Venturi?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 06:02 PM
Lightningmcnulty
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Venturi?!

I have come to think that my 88 turbo has a venturi, I know the engine was swapped by porsche 10 years ago so they probably used an older one!?

Whilst Looking for a vacuum leak the other day I found that the thin black plastic nozzle (venturi) had come out of the white plastic housing.

I assumed it had just broken apart and glued it back together I smile at myself because I quite like the learning curve of doing something that seems so obviously seem right then finding out it may have been stupid ha ha I guess you should always check the list first.

Anyway, while looking through some threads to learn if I can delete my cycling valve using an MBC (I determined that I can) I came across some info on the venturi.

OK the question is, when you buy the likes of the LR venturi delete do you remove the entire assemble (black and white plastic parts) because if you do I will just get some Vac hose from AZ and do it, Also is deleting the venturi of cycling valve going to have any effect on my smog numbers?

thanks guys

Kim
Old 09-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The hoses you get from say LR are perfectly shaped/molded to replace the venturi. If you just buy straight hoses and stuff them in there, you'll likely end up pinching them off. One thing some guys do however is get a silicon hose to replace the 3 hardpipes tacked to each other to clean things up some more. LR's kit doesn't have that hose, but you can just pick up some from them if you order a venturi delete.

Yes, you get rid of the black and grey plastic crap in there.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Lightningmcnulty
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh I see, I already have their vac hose kit and intake manifold gaskets so it shouldn't cost that much to buy the remaining parts.

Good to know that gluing together wasn't a mistake

thanks

Kim

Quick Reply: Venturi?!