Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 08:10 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by George D
http://www.dragtimes.com/blog/2013-f...0-dyno-results

These new mustangs are giving their competition some grief. My first car was a 67 289 Mustang, well it was my dads, but I got to drive it like it was mine. Never got the title, but drove it to school daily. We worked on it together. He sold that thing when I got my own Subaru....think he got around $2500...Should have kept that one.
My dads first new car was a 65 Mustang conv with the 289. He sold it for about 1000. He also should have kept it. Lol
Old 09-09-2012, 08:15 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by blown 944
Yeah the new mustangs are pretty badass and I'm not a ford guy.
Yea with the 5.0 base GT making over 400 it was a sign of what the Mustang is now capable of.

And as someone mentioned the Boss 302 I saw a show on that in its testing and development on a road course and it was running even lap times with M3's that were out there.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:49 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by onspeed
The MP4 name is from their F1 cars, which started having MP4 prefix in the early '80s. McLaren Project 4 (from McLaren's merger with Project 4, one of Ron Dennis' teams) or something like that.
And the paint scheme of my 951 is derived from the Mercedes - McLaren version # MP4-17
Old 09-10-2012, 12:27 AM
AtharRazvi
Advanced

Sid, you are not a Rogue, sorry...my kid just threw a few thousand legos in the pool to clean them. Been doing some scuba for a while. Legos are now clean..LOL.
My ADD kicked in. Do you have a picture of these legos in a pool? Sounds more interesting than the topic. :P
Old 09-10-2012, 01:22 AM
George D
Drifting

Mobile upload. Count the Legos.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
XFINITY Connect_ Legos.pdf (102.6 KB, 278 views)
Old 09-10-2012, 02:46 AM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are VERY close to the new GT's quarter, at a mile high you would give it serious competition.
I beat the GT's, ZR1's, pretty easily.

The GT's run around 115 the ZR1's run under 120. Tuned they barely may beat me in ET but not usually in mph.

I'm happy with my hoopty
Old 09-10-2012, 03:12 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Makes me think about many years ago down here when Ford, Holden and maybe even Chrysler all planned releasing their latest GT cars which back then were going to raise the stakes to a new level. Nowdays they’d be considered very agricultural but they were our version of the Muscle Car. This prompted the Government to step in and either ban them outright or request the manufacturers not release them. So they didn’t. This was all based on them being too fast for the average Joe on the street. The current Muscle cars were probably around the 300bhp figure, at least 3000lbs and had probably only just graduated from rear drum brakes to discs all round.

My point is, compared to these cars, your new domestic Mustangs/Vettes/Camaros are stupidly powerful and one does wonder if they’d even be released in some other countries? 650bhp is within reach of the average guy (not counting the Fezzas and Macs) and I wonder if there has been any increase in big accidents by allowing anyone to have access to such a lot of power? I’m not a prude but most people I see on the road are not equipped to drive cars of this power. Anyway, just kinda wondering out loud.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:25 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Makes me think about many years ago down here when Ford, Holden and maybe even Chrysler all planned releasing their latest GT cars which back then were going to raise the stakes to a new level. Nowdays they’d be considered very agricultural but they were our version of the Muscle Car. This prompted the Government to step in and either ban them outright or request the manufacturers not release them. So they didn’t. This was all based on them being too fast for the average Joe on the street. The current Muscle cars were probably around the 300bhp figure, at least 3000lbs and had probably only just graduated from rear drum brakes to discs all round.
Such regulation is frightening...
Old 09-10-2012, 06:59 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

You know Thom I agree, but then I can see the opposite side of the coin. 600bhp in a road car is pretty excessive. I'm all for the freedom of choice syndrome but many drivers are really not good enough or experienced enough to drive these sort of cars. I suppose there's all sorts of driver aids but once 600hp steps out, it's very hard to bring back.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:01 AM
Thom
Race Car

I think most people who can afford such powerful cars are mature and responsible enough not to put anyone in danger on the public roads.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:14 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
^ Modern tech also though. The new stuff is more efficient that MP4 with bolt-ons will run hard.
Doubtful. That McClaren is so fu#$ed with software nannies that it would almost certainly require McClaren to actually do the mods, not screw up the whole damned car.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:15 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Thom
I think most people who can afford such powerful cars are mature and responsible enough not to put anyone in danger on the public roads.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's one of the silliest things I've ever seen posted. People like that do it ALL the TIME! Just search youtube for an hour.
Ridiculous!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Thom
Race Car

Yes, the pb with the US system is that it's way easier for stupid people to have a bad impact on society when they get rich than it is in the EU, though I must say that this trend coming from the US is steadily growing over here as well.

Simple example - that there are still derestricted Autobahns in Germany suggest a certain sense of social cohesion and responsibility that many other countries can only dream of. You don't get to see a lot of very fast car owners behaving like dicks here
Old 09-10-2012, 08:38 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Thom
Yes, the pb with the US system is that it's way easier for stupid people to have a bad impact on society when they get rich than it is in the EU, though I must say that this trend coming from the US is steadily growing over here as well.

Simple example - that there are still derestricted Autobahns in Germany suggest a certain sense of social cohesion and responsibility that many other countries can only dream of. You don't get to see a lot of very fast car owners behaving like dicks here

THIS was your original post, before you edited.
"Yes, the pb with the US mentality is that it's way easier for stupid people to get rich than in the EU.

Simple example - that there are still derestricted Autobahns in Germany suggest a certain sense of social cohesion and responsibility that many other countries can only dream of "

So your previous comment was the silliest and you chose to follow it up with the dumbest post in RL history! Well Done! You sir, either live in a holeour you are an idiot. Which is it?
Old 09-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Thom
Race Car

Your calling me names pretty much illustrates you have no idea what you're talking about and have no argument to put forward instead. Have a nice trolling day.

Quick Reply: Dyno charts of new Vette, McLaren, and 458