Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive
View Poll Results: Can a 380whp 951 beat a Ford GT?
Yes
41.67%
No
58.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

mudbuddha $250 challenge

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 01:50 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
...Sid's runs were at the same track as the videos I posted. He ran ~127mph at the exact same track as that ZR-1s and FGT which run 110-115mph.

He also proved that the car gets faster at lower altitude when he went down to a ~6000DA track, compared to our normal 8000+DA.
So you think sid is a 140 car?
Old 09-08-2012, 01:53 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
So you think sid is a 140 car?
No. But on a clean run it is a 130mph car up here, and would definitely gain a few mph by just going to sea-level.

The simple point is that his car would handle a stock or even pully+tune FGT up here without issue. And it would also handle the majority of stock FGTs at sea-level too - as from what I've seen they are typically mid-120mph.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:59 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

No. But on a clean run it is a 130mph car up here, and would definitely gain a few mph by just going to sea-level.

The simple point is that his car would handle a stock or even pully+tune FGT up here without issue.
I never doubted that his car could handle a stock one. A pully+tune+exhaust one would be a huge accomplishment. It would vary greatly on the size pulley and the tune that could be anywhere from 620-700whp. I agree with you I think his car is low 130's all day long. If anyone can break that barrier it's him. What power level would you guess his car is at? 500-520hp?
Old 09-08-2012, 02:02 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

I never doubted that his car could handle a stock one. A pully+tune+exhaust one would be a huge accomplishment. It would vary greatly on the size pulley and the tune that could be anywhere from 620-700whp. I agree with you I think his car is low 130's all day long. If anyone can break that barrier it's him. What power level would you guess his car is at? 500-520hp?
500rwhp is probably fair and realistic. Which is saying something special - both because it is a daily-driven 951 with the I4, and because at altitude it is harder to make good power.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:05 AM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

500rwhp is probably fair and realistic. Which is saying something special - both because it is a daily-driven 951 with the I4, and because at altitude it is harder to make good power.
Agreed.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:12 AM
blown 944
Race Car

To be completely fair. I will not claim anything until it happens. I might be able to run over 130 at low da but, we might be getting closer to the breaking point to so I might just be content with 130 anywhere. This thing has continued up surprise me so I can't really put a ceiling in it yet. I will say though that it ran the 127 on only 20 ish psi and the MAF read 4.37 on the previous run. When comparing those numbers to the airflow I'm seeing even off the mountain I'm making another 50hp easily. So it might be able to handle a little more at sea level,

I am truly at the beginning stages of modifying this engine so I'm hoping it'll take a lot more abuse before all is said and done...
Old 09-08-2012, 02:55 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford--GT-Drag-Racing.html

There are only 3 stock gt's listed that trap 130 or higher. One ran 130.0, and the other two ran 131.2.

The top trap speed for one with a pulley and tune is 135.270.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:54 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

porshhhh951 i am 110% with you. I love how 944 ppl think they can beat every car out there. LMAO. mudbuddha seriously?!?!? you really think your going to beat a GT40 LMAO. I cant take you seriously. go to the track and race a gt40 lmao. make sure you make a video so we can laugh at you
Old 09-08-2012, 11:25 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Lmao at that guy running a 13.1 at 114mph. He was out of it after the 1000ft mark. Perhaps he realized he had already lost the race to the ford and didn't feel the need to push it. Do you think a stock Ford GT traps 115mph?
A 114 mph quarter mile is DAMN fast at 6000ft. You underestimate the effects of altitude.

As an example, a stock liter bike will do around 130mph at Bandimere and yet will go around 145-150mph quarter at sea level.

So, yes, that GT was in it.

A stock Camaro SS, GT 5.0, Charger SRT, etc, run about 100mph quarter mile (some cannot break 100mph).
Old 09-08-2012, 01:10 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

I once beat myself!
Old 09-08-2012, 02:04 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I once beat myself!
LOL. I call BS. Post a HD vid, bring it to a track, and I will PayPal you .50 cents.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:15 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by azbanks
http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford--GT-Drag-Racing.html

There are only 3 stock gt's listed that trap 130 or higher. One ran 130.0, and the other two ran 131.2.

The top trap speed for one with a pulley and tune is 135.270.
Yes DA is huge. That just means that sid would be running a much lower trap speed as well. Any car needs the right conditions to run hard both the GT and the 951 are FI cars. Air temp/density will greatly affect any car with FI.

There are cars that run that aren't listed on Drag times. Yes some stock F.GT have trapped that high, but most run mid 120's. Unfortunately when you starting talk about tune or pulley there is just a wide variance. A full bolt on(no motor work) F.GT is a 135 car conservatively speaking. If you had someone running race fuel or more aggressive tune with more boost it can be much higher than that. The guys that actually swap blowers are well over 800hp and their traps get even higher.

But, what I wanna know is how do you guys feel about 5th gear racing?

Originally Posted by mudbuddha
LOL. I call BS. Post a HD vid, bring it to a track, and I will PayPal you .50 cents.
Better still lets cruise to a car show and try and race a F.GT in traffic in 5th gear and then we can say he couldn't really beat us because I was a lot more brave with in my car in traffic than he was. YAY.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

If I go on the ‘prove it’ theory we have proof in this video that Ford GT pilots are clueless and can’t drive.

Clearly it's a fair heads up race - both cars are Red and both have White stripes - how much better of a head to head race comparison can you ask for?

Go back the original post that you are so worked up about and realize that ‘Mud’ probably came across one of the ‘more money that skill’ Ford GT owners.

Mud never said he would beat all Ford GTs, he didn’t even say he ‘beat’ that Ford GT, just that he ran with it. You seem to have taken Mud’s post as a statement that his 944 is a Ford GT killer….perhaps reading comprehension is not up there on your skills list. Based on that type of interpretation and this video as my proof I can now tell everybody that a Mustang is way faster than Ford GT. I have proof. You can’t argue with facts….especially internet facts!

BTW – my 944 track car ‘traps’ almost 160. The only difference is that my trap is just before the bus stop at Watkins Glen. You are still missing the whole point of a 944 (and a Ford GT for that matter). Drag racing sports car? Really? Maybe next we can start a whole debate based on road racing top fuel cars…..

PS – Sid – don’t take offense, I like your ¼ mile efforts because they are well thought out. But I would like to see how your car would do at a road course!
Old 09-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Just to keep the mud slinging going -

According to the lap records at the full VIR course – The Ford GT and the Porsche Panamera are dead even. I feel bad for all the Ford GT owners, they run the same lap times as a 4 door stock street car……and a boxster was only about 1.6% off that pace…..
Old 09-08-2012, 03:13 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Chris White

If I go on the ‘prove it’ theory we have proof in this video that Ford GT pilots are clueless and can’t drive.

Clearly it's a fair heads up race - both cars are Red and both have White stripes - how much better of a head to head race comparison can you ask for?

Go back the original post that you are so worked up about and realize that ‘Mud’ probably came across one of the ‘more money that skill’ Ford GT owners.
Mud never said he would beat all Ford GTs, he didn’t even say he ‘beat’ that Ford GT, just that he ran with it. You seem to have taken Mud’s post as a statement that his 944 is a Ford GT killer….perhaps reading comprehension is not up there on your skills list. Based on that type of interpretation and this video as my proof I can now tell everybody that a Mustang is way faster than Ford GT. I have proof. You can’t argue with facts….especially internet facts!

BTW – my 944 track car ‘traps’ almost 160. The only difference is that my trap is just before the bus stop at Watkins Glen. You are still missing the whole point of a 944 (and a Ford GT for that matter). Drag racing sports car? Really? Maybe next we can start a whole debate based on road racing top fuel cars…..

PS – Sid – don’t take offense, I like your ¼ mile efforts because they are well thought out. But I would like to see how your car would do at a road course!
People use their cars how they see fit. You may not like drag racing, but there are a lot of people who do. As far as mud he absolutely incenuated his car was faster hence why when I claimed it wasn't it becomes an arms race to prove otherwise. Hell look at the poll results some clearly think so. A race track is a great equalizer. No traffic bull**** no street crap. It's a chance for him to really run his car, he declined.

The good opportunity here is to see if Sid can hit that magic mark. While non of this may intrest you much I assure you it interests most of us since most of us don't take our cars to ecr on the weekends. Seeing someone push their cars in this manner gives people a better idea out of what's possible for their own setup.

Quick Reply: mudbuddha $250 challenge