Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive
View Poll Results: Can a 380whp 951 beat a Ford GT?
Yes
41.67%
No
58.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

mudbuddha $250 challenge

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 08:36 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
Good Lord you guys are STILL arguing about this?

Who cares?

Pretty sure if *I* had F.GT money I wouldn't be messing around with 944's...
...HAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2012, 08:51 PM
74goldtarga
Pro

Received 127 Likes on 69 Posts

I voted yes in the poll. It doesn't specify the nature of the 944. I assumed tube frame with CF panels, no roof or windows.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:59 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 74goldtarga
I voted yes in the poll. It doesn't specify the nature of the 944. I assumed tube frame with CF panels, no roof or windows.
like the GTR for sale on eBay?
Old 09-07-2012, 09:12 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Attached Images    
Old 09-07-2012, 09:16 PM
74goldtarga
Pro

Received 127 Likes on 69 Posts

Yes Lart, like the GTR, except you take a sawzall to the roof to reduce weight. No contest. For Ford GT money you could have one fast 944T, but I'd just buy a GT3 and happily go slower than both.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:26 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Yes Lart, like the GTR, except you take a sawzall to the roof to reduce weight. No contest. For Ford GT money you could have one fast 944T, but I'd just buy a GT3 and happily go slower than both.
Winner winner chicken dinner!
Old 09-07-2012, 10:41 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by blown 944
Ahh, the fifth gear thing. I'd never race like that so I don't think that's really fair.
Wait, you mean you don't know about this 5th gear racing stuff? It's all the rage apparently.
Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Yep, if the comparison is a 951 vs stock F.GT, then Sid is due some money right now.

On my iPad so I will link vids when I get home, but a stock F.GT only runs 110-115mph up here... Sid's car would have no issue with one.
I would owe sid money if he posted that he was ***** out starting in the proper gear, racing and beat him and I said no that can't happen. As it stands we are talking about a dude with 380hp racing in 5th gear in traffic claiming he paced him easily.
Originally Posted by refresh951
Also, no doubt Sid's motor is putting out quite a bit more power than 380 rwhp.
Yes quite a bit more and he could indeed pull a stock GT. However even sid wouldn't be able to pull off what Mudd was claiming.
Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
And Sid should also be over 130 down here! Or did I read wrong?

And I believe John said post a trap over 136 and he gets paid...
Yeah I bet sid would be low 130's with ease in Texas. That car moves out.
Originally Posted by toddk911
John I think the issue is not that you are under estimating the performance of a 951 or modded 951 but you are over estimating the performance of a STOCK Gt. In your posts you keep citing 130+ traps. Maybe the GTs you have seen or ridden were modded and the owners did not want to disclose that. As we all know a forced induction motor gain 20, 30 or 50hp with simple mods or just a reflash.

That's why on the other thread I posted the power to weight numbers because in a roll race as Mud desribed is 99% of the equation. 6.8 vs 6.4 would be maybe 1-2 car lenthgs at best. He never said he smoked the GT or even beat it but that he gave it a great run for its money.

But this challenge is a very cool way to motivate us to get off our asses and step up the mods. Lol
I'm not underestimating ****. Need I remind you I flogged at 300hp 944 then a 360ish one. I never got any real chance to data run the car with the last setup at 22psi so who knows, but considering the general concensious was mid to upper 300's on 18psi and pump gas who knows what it was on good fuel and psi. I'd say easily 400+. I can't believe someone with your background would believe a 380hp 944 could pace a F.GT that was racing in the proper gear hitting it hard with the 944 just keeping the car in top gear. It takes big big power over an opposing car to be able to just not even gear down.

Do me a favor next time you got a clear stretch of empty road. Start at 60mph and hit it in 3rd gear full boogy. Then do the same from 60mph in 5th gear and you tell me which one actually accelerates hard. Both have full boost why is 3rd so much faster? Oh gee I dunno perhaps gearing plays a part.
Originally Posted by mudbuddha
John the reason they outraged at you was because you kept on accusing me of proudly proclaiming that I beat a Ford GT and therefore I beat all other super cars with my four banger, which I never said I did. And you started out this thread, once again, accusing me of that. Obviously I am a little dumbfounded at your statements and to call me out on a trivial challenge is beyond me. You said money was subjective yet you bring up money. You said friendly like you really meant it but the whole time your statements are anything but friendly. You are out of the community for a while, out of 944/951 and yet you come on here talking smack like you pioneered the whole movement. There is a disconnect somewhere is your chains of thoughts and most reading your repetitive statements knows it.
You keep ducking and bringing up that my behavior isn't your flavor. I didn't pioneer ****. I have run plenty of stuff to know what's what, and even if I didn't it doesn't take a brain surgeon to know that gearing really matters. Me stomping it from 70 in 5th and 70 in 3rd in ANY car with any setup will have very different results.

I'm offering this as a way for you to prove your cars muscle at the Track. You know where people actually go to run their cars and find out where they stand for real, no traffic, no 5th gear bs. Oh I suppose that could be fun too. Why don't when you get to 60mph at the 500th-ish ft mark just throw it into 5th and race the rest of the way in that gear. Since clearly your car is so powerful you don't even need to be in the lower gears to put a hurting on cars.
Originally Posted by mudbuddha
John implies that he is loaded with cash so he wants to flaunt it around and make folks do as he says by instigating enthusiast to battle it out so he can get a kick out of it- Kind of like a master puppeteer. (sp?)
Hardly loaded. I offer money because track isn't free, gas isn't free, and people need to be paid for their time. It's only fair.
Originally Posted by piperporsche180944
I guess you can pay Blown944 now... I believe he has PayPal. My buddies stock Ford GT made 445rwhp and he consistently traps 124-125mph.

I wish I could join the trap battle in my Procharged Vette
Again sid's car is the fastest trapped 944 I've ever heard off. No doubt he would take a stock F.GT. Of course he himself would also have to start in the correct gear
Yep, 110mph is my current best too. But I should be able to squeak out a little more from this ol' K27...

Also, here are a couple vids of a Ford GT @ Bandimere:

Lmao at that guy running a 13.1 at 114mph. He was out of it after the 1000ft mark. Perhaps he realized he had already lost the race to the ford and didn't feel the need to push it. Do you think a stock Ford GT traps 115mph?
That's what I'm talking about
bwahahah well played sir, well played.

I believe Sid has the fastest 944 in the community(trap speed wise). He has a real shot at running mid 130's if he gets good DA and has a nice setup dialed in and I would gladly pay up with a smile on my face. I'd love to see a 944 actually run a hard #. I would also love to see a 944 put up a hard number at the mile.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 PM
KaiKai951S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's A Challenge... Porsshhhh951... I'll give ya $50 if you can quit being so god damn negetive and let people just enjoy their cars and good positive conversation for 1 week. How about that?
Old 09-07-2012, 10:49 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soooooooo.. How long is this wager good? You only mentioned 944. You said nothing about it's conditions. Is my V8 944 allowed in?! I'm hoping, very much, to start her in about a month. The 1/4 mile will be one of her first tracks. No nitrous this time, I promise.
Hell, you can come with me John!!! You're only hours away. Nothing but fun - as long as nothing breaks.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:52 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Lmao at that guy running a 13.1 at 114mph. He was out of it after the 1000ft mark. Perhaps he realized he had already lost the race to the ford and didn't feel the need to push it. Do you think a stock Ford GT traps 115mph?
Up here that is all they do, the FGT definitely didn't let off - I guess you don't understand how much altitude affects cars.
So here is some more "heavy hitters" (Viper, ZR-1):

Old 09-07-2012, 10:56 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 95ONE
Soooooooo.. How long is this wager good? You only mentioned 944. Is my V8 944 allowed in?! I'm hoping, very much, to start her in about a month. The 1/4 mile will be one of her first tracks. No nitrous this time, I promise.
Lol OPPS. I suppose I should specify that the original block needs to be used. Hey it's already open enough for those 3.0-3.ltr guys. I bet a 3.0 car with a big turbo running boost dialed in could run hard. Bet will stand I'd love to see someone run mid 130's. I think Sid can really do this

Of course non of that validates this guys crazy *** story about being able to pace a GT on it while he just casually leaves it in 5th gear with his 380hp 3.0ltr beast
Up here that is all they do, the FGT definitely didn't let off - I guess you don't understand how much altitude affects cars.

Yes DA is huge. That just means that sid would be running a much lower trap speed as well. Any car needs the right conditions to run hard both the GT and the 951 are FI cars. Air temp/density will greatly affect any car with FI.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:05 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Tell Swanders we found special tool for I am sure he is the one driving all those those fast cars.

I don't know if John understands the concept of high altitude, the higher the altitude the less dense the air equals less performance . It's like when you go to a mountain it's hard to breathe, or a plane pilot needs oxygen for high altitude flying, Oh crap Texas doesn't have mountains,
Old 09-07-2012, 11:07 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by lart951
Tell Swanders we found special tool for I am sure he is the one driving all those those fast cars.

I don't know if John understands the concept of high altitude, the higher the altitude the less dense the air equals less performance . It's like when you go to a mountain it's hard to breathe, or a plane pilot needs oxygen for high altitude flying, Oh crap Texas doesn't have mountains,
See post above.

That also might explain why when I moved up north I started acting funny or it could be that I'm just weird
Old 09-08-2012, 01:29 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 633 Likes on 490 Posts

Down on earth (0-1000') an FGT is a monster at any speed, from a dig or a roll...but at altitude a turbo car will have the advantage over the SC, you all know this (provided similar levels of rated power output/weight).

After watching one keep up with an Enzo on the highway, they are not to be trifled with when the air is correct.
Old 09-08-2012, 01:34 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Yes DA is huge. That just means that sid would be running a much lower trap speed as well. Any car needs the right conditions to run hard both the GT and the 951 are FI cars. Air temp/density will greatly affect any car with FI.
...Sid's runs were at the same track as the videos I posted. He ran ~127mph at the exact same track as that ZR-1s and FGT which run 110-115mph.

He also proved that the car gets faster at lower altitude when he went down to a ~6000DA track, compared to our normal 8000+DA.

Quick Reply: mudbuddha $250 challenge