Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rennbay Lines with Lindsey Rail

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012 | 05:44 PM
Supachink
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rennbay Lines with Lindsey Rail

I recently got a used lindsey rail and adjustable fpr. I have the two lines that go to the FPR with AN -6AN fittings, but not the line that connects to the front end of the rail. I believe that the size of the fitting on the end is a -6AN (dont know how to measure but its the same size as the fitting before the marren damper on the rear).

-Is it possible to convert the rennbay lines that I have to work with the lindesey rail?

Would i use something like this?

http://www.summitracing.com/search/D...?Ns=Rank%7cAsc

Can i just cut the aeroquip line and attach one of these -6AN swivel 180 ends and be good to go? Worst case sceario order the Lindsey Lines I guess?

Thanks,
Greg
Old 08-25-2012 | 06:43 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Double check whats on the front of the LR rail, but if its a -6an just order a 180 degree -6an push-lock hose end.

http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performan...62951/10002/-1

BTW, and yes just cut the old fitting off and replace with the new one.
Old 08-25-2012 | 09:45 PM
Supachink
Racer

Thanks Techno, that looks like the correct solution for the aeroquip lines that i got from rennbay. Ive tied to find out how one would measure an AN fitting, but im still unsure as nothing is matching up right, its about 14mm diameter when i measure it with my calipers.
Old 08-26-2012 | 01:17 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the hose for the fuel feed is 3/8ths if i remember right, if your using Aeroquip it should be printed on it. But the equivalent size for 3/8ths is always -6an.

I had a LR rail and it was defintley a -6an feed, i remember because i previously had a CEP rail which had a -8an feed so i had to get a reducer.
Old 08-26-2012 | 10:50 AM
sparkyman215
Instructor

Yeah it should be a -6 AN feed. I also bought a used LR fuel rail. If you give a LR a call they will work with you and you can just buy the parts that you need. Traci walked through what came in the kit normally and we checked off what I needed and was able to just buy those parts.
Old 08-26-2012 | 02:12 PM
Supachink
Racer

Thanks Sparky, but I already have the aeroquip lines I did last year from rennbay, so I was just trying to see if I could modify those to work or if I needed to get the one line from lindsey. It seems that with the push lock connector that techno linked will work perfectly (good thing i left some extra slack in that fuel line )

Quick Reply: Rennbay Lines with Lindsey Rail