Ebay Shipping Rant

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:15 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Ebay Shipping Rant

I'm constantly amazed at how long it takes people to ship items that they've sold on Ebay. They know when the auction is ending so have it boxed up and ready to go for goodness sake and then put that sucker in the mail the next day or the day after at most!

What really amuses me is when I message them after 5 days and, magically, it got put in the mail that day. Oy.

Makes me appreciate Lart's fantastically fast shipping even more.

Thanks for listening.

Edit: this is not directed towards anyone on RL specifically!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:30 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I feel the same. I usually get the payment within 48 hours and even so, I will ship within 24 hours of payment. I even ship the same if possible if the "buy it now" option is used. Furthermore, I would clearly state that the faster you pay, the sooner I ship. I have a room in the house set aside for the "cleaning-out-the-garage" sale so everything is lined up ready to go...as soon as I get the payment of course.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Ky944TurboNewbie
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife used to sell oodles of things on Ebay. I was constantly diving dumpsters looking for boxes and would pack items daily. We didn't pack anything until it sold in case the buyer wanted multiple items to combine shipping. But we were super speedy with email and once we got the authorization to complete the transaction, we packed and calculated actual shipping and waited for payment. When payment arrived, we put on postage and our mail man took the box away that day or the next. We never had a complaint, but it was very tiring. I can understand doing your packing and shipping on 2 days a week and run to the post office twice a week. But it should be with the shipper within 3-4 days and shipping policies should be clearly stated in the auction.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:25 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

I should have added that I almost always pay for my Ebay stuff the same day that the auction ends, often within 10 minutes.

Like most transactions, communication is the key. As long as I know they're working on it then I'm good.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Reimu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bought a thermoswitch from ebay on the 10th, and it was finally dropped off at a UPS location yesterday.

On the flip side I bought a hazard switch from someone on pelican last night, and it was shipped today.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gregeast
I should have added that I almost always pay for my Ebay stuff the same day that the auction ends, often within 10 minutes.
I'm the same way. My eBay feedback is all "super fast shipping ++++++." It's a shame that quick shipping is an exception and not the rule. Everybody wants their stuff ASAP but when the shoe is on the other foot they have no problem dragging their feet.

Edit: This has nothing to do with cars, but I had a very positive experience last week where I was sent a shipping label 6 minutes after I placed my order, and the package arrived a day early (meaning Saturday and not Monday). This was FREE SHIPPING! If anybody here has a Ruger 10/22 and wants some super nice parts I recommend Tony Kidd @ http://www.coolguyguns.com/ (Not affiliated, happy customer, blah blah)
Old 08-15-2012, 08:04 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gregeast

Like most transactions, communication is the key. As long as I know they're working on it then I'm good.
I hear ya. Just this week, I picked up some wrenches for a seller, and the post office freaking stole the wrenches from the package. The package was a freaking envelope, filled with 7 wrenches. WTF puts wrenches in an envelope. MORON! Anyway, I got refunded, but it still sucks.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Willard Bridgham 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Buy from EBay and repent.............

Quick Reply: Ebay Shipping Rant