Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Racing buckets

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Dwane
Race Car

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Racing buckets

Sold my 964 and got a track worthy 89 Turbo. Need some help on deciding which seats to buy.
What are you guys running and could I get some pics.
thanks
Pics will come when I get the car back from mechanic (belts and head gasket)
Old 07-09-2012, 12:07 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dwane, I'm using a Recaro Profi SPG and a Pole Position, both on sliders and a Redline roll bar. If you're up my way, you're welcome to try them out.
Old 07-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Ben951S
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No price criteria? Do you want sliders? Fixed back or recline? 5 point belts I imagine? Define!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:47 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Here's a quote of my post from the road/track interior thread in the general 924/944/951/etc section. It covers seats and related items:

Originally Posted by chrenan
Great thread, I love road/track interiors and I'm always interested to see how people balance the compromise. Mine is definitely not track/daily driver, its a third car and pretty much just goes back and forth to track events now, however that still counts as street driven. One thing to note, the approach I've taken is totally non-invasive, everything can be returned to stock, there are no holes drilled.

So, the view from behind, rear seat delete, a Heigo Club Sport bar with permanent harness bar welded in place by a local shop (So Much Win Racing). A Cobra Evolution GT driver seat mounted on Sabelt sliders and Brey Krause side mounts and a Corbeau Forza II passenger seat mounted on Corbeau sliders. The driver side has a 6-point Scroth harness as well as a 3-point belt for street use, the passenger side only has a 3-point belt at the moment as I'm trying to track down a deal on a matching harness.

Alright, excuse the track gear stuffed behind the seats in this shot. A better view of the rear seat delete. There is a carabiner mounted on the passenger side to secure my helmet/HANS when driving to the track, I'd prefer to not have those projectiles loose in the car with me. On the driver side I've mounted a small HalGuard clean agent fire extinguisher. More for use in the pits if anyone needs help, or to put myself out if I'm on fire after I get out of the car, I can pop it and grab it with my right arm while in the seat.

In the front I've got a Momo Monte Carlo steering wheel on an NRG 2.0 quick release and spacers to get my arm positioning comfortable.

Steering wheel removed as with the deep seat I can't get in/out with it mounted. I've got another carabiner to hold the sub-straps down when I drive on the street, I'd rather not take a punch in the junk from the buckle in an accident. 968 centre console tray and Innovate MTX-L wideband gauge also in this view. The 3-point belt on the driver side is a non-retractable from Andoauto.com that has a cloth buckle side that works with the seat pass through on the tunnel side (the buckle can be moved out of the way when the 6-point is used on track).

One last shot.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:25 PM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

How big are you? That will help steer responses in the right direction.

For example, I'm 6'5" and wide-ish through the mid section, so use a Sparco EvoII (previous model to the XL). No way I could squeeze my fat *** into some of the seats posted above....
Old 07-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Will Feather
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just like alot of other people, I spring for a better seat for the driver, good for passenger.

My turbo:
Driver: Sparco EvoII Plus
Passenger: Corbeau Forza
Autopower rollbar and simpson harnesses

My N/A (will have)
Driver: Sparco Pro2000
Passenger: Sparco Pro2000
Autopower rollbar simpson harnesses

Quick Reply: Racing buckets