Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Blue smoke

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Clown
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is most likely your Turbo seals. I am very familiar with this topic just do a search for smoke at idle...

This all happened over the course of this past year....

I had had a Garret Hybrid turbo rebuilt twice in one year. After going through the hassle of taking it out and putting it in twice the car still smoked.

A couple months ago I then removed the cylinder head and had that rebuilt thinking it was the valve guides. The head rebuilder told me that the valve guides were toast. Looking real promising that this was the culprit, I eagerly put the head back in but the car still smoked at idle just as much.

I then finally decided that my turbo was either not getting rebuilt properly or that it could not be fixed. A few weeks ago I finally decided to take the turbo out again and replace with a brand new unit.

Well after three turbo installations and one cylinder head rebuild in less than one year I finally have no smoke with the new turbo installed!!....

I did check all the oil feed and lines to the turbo as well as the large drain line at the bottom but nothing was blocked. A restictor also did not effect the smoke.

Now I will just have to test it a little longer to see if my car is killing turbos for some reason or another. So far so good and its been three weeks of casual driving.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:56 PM
williamr91
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Smoke at idle! I didn't search with that thank you.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:57 PM
williamr91
Pro

Lart951 it was Pippersporsche951180 or something like that, a guy name Randy.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:46 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by reno808
Damn dude where you been? haven't seen you in like a year
I'm here, just reading the posts, giving what i can.....nothing new really
Old 07-09-2012, 09:50 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by williamr91
Lart951 it was Pippersporsche951180 or something like that, a guy name Randy.
Yes, Randy he bought the whole engine polished kit from me I love the engine bay.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:19 PM
williamr91
Pro

Lart951 could you pm me some details on this? I didn't get any documentation on the car, and took his word for it. I have the mechanics info and have spoke to him it all seems legit. I just have to call said mechanic and swing by to get the documentation or have him fax it or something. I also need to get the darn short throw shifter installed

I traded a 2002 Audi S4 and some cash for the 951. I got a text a few days ago about the S4, it wasn't a good one and I feel terrible since I rarely drove that car and didn't notice the said problems but that is neither here nor there on this thread.

Quick Reply: Blue smoke