Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Club race, 951 brake parts...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Does the car have ABS? Or some kind of proportioning valve? Perhaps it's something trapping fluid.

What about the flexible brake lines? Stock or stainless? Swap those left to right and see if the problem moves to the other side.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:33 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

355mm RB on a custom Brembo hat, stock S4 calipers with seated pads
Mark - Interest in you custom hat set up to run this combo. More details please.

Unless you are running in a really high horsepower 951, like 400+ rwhp on the track, I think stock brembo are quite adequate. Experiment with running slightly larger rotor to increase clamping area and/or race pads like will give you more than enough stopping power.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:17 AM
car_slave
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Oddjob
Certainly will be more prone to lock-up w/ the larger calipers.

Were you seeing uneven pad wear in that caliper? Car pull hard to that side when driving straight?

Possible that the side locking up is the one working correctly, and the other side is not generating equal braking power (problem w/ the other caliper).
+1 and you have less weight (no driver) on that side
Old 05-25-2012, 03:24 PM
944hal
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No ABS. New proportioning valve, stainless brake lines, new master cylinder. Like I mentioned, since it doesn't do it with the stock calipers I don't think it's line or master related. My son-in-law had a problem with sludge or grit in the reservoir and master that caused his brakes to pull to one side so I changed out my master and reservoir even though I didn't see any problem with the old one.

Oh, definitely less weight on the right side, especially with me in the driver's seat :-)

Quick Reply: Club race, 951 brake parts...