Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Stage V intercooler.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Lanny Curlett
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage V intercooler.

I'm looking for a Lindsey Racing Stage V intercooler to buy. They can't get the proper cores anymore so have stopped offering them. Anyone??

Thanks
Old 03-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm not sure what the stage V intercooler was like, but i assume it's like the SFR one? a large front mount?
If it is, you can just get 1 custom made to that size with custom end tanks.

i just bought a cheap eBay one, does the job. but i'll probably get a custom tube and fin one made to my specs in the future when i go some more cooling up grades
Old 03-29-2012, 02:04 PM
dnovak
Racer

PM sent
Old 03-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Lanny Curlett
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Paulyy
i'm not sure what the stage V intercooler was like, but i assume it's like the SFR one? a large front mount?
If it is, you can just get 1 custom made to that size with custom end tanks.

i just bought a cheap eBay one, does the job. but i'll probably get a custom tube and fin one made to my specs in the future when i go some more cooling up grades
The Lindsey Racing Stage V was an oversized high flow / high cooling rate intercooler that would fit in the stock location requiring only that you remove a couple of the stock mounting tabs and install a Lindsey Stage Five header panel to accomodate the larger size. Amongst their advantages was stock location and not putting already heated air (i/c discharge) through your radiator. You could also retain your stock I/C piping as well. They were recommended for highly modified race cars with built engines. I may have to look for another solution but theirs was certainly efficient & an easy install. Oh well.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:24 AM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I will have a SFR front mount setup for sale in a few weeks, just need to pull it off my car. PM me if interested.

I made a thread showing the install a few years ago. It was overly complicated due to poor information about how to properly mount it.. once i had it mounted correctly it wasnt nearly as difficult (or labor intensive) as i had posted about. Requires grinding of the bumper bar to help make room for the longer IC pipes and some trimming of the bumper cover on the inside to fit the core. I did not notice any difference in water temps on the track or even in traffic, though my car is a/c delete with no condenser. It works with stock hardpipes also. The front end looks pretty menacing with the front mount behind it also.. .
Old 03-30-2012, 03:27 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

it does look pretty mean with a font mount!

i still think get a garrett or HKS or another good core brand for the size you need and get a shop to make end tanks for you.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:22 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
I will have a SFR front mount setup for sale in a few weeks, just need to pull it off my car. PM me if interested.

I made a thread showing the install a few years ago. It was overly complicated due to poor information about how to properly mount it.. once i had it mounted correctly it wasnt nearly as difficult (or labor intensive) as i had posted about. Requires grinding of the bumper bar to help make room for the longer IC pipes and some trimming of the bumper cover on the inside to fit the core. I did not notice any difference in water temps on the track or even in traffic, though my car is a/c delete with no condenser. It works with stock hardpipes also. The front end looks pretty menacing with the front mount behind it also.. .
what water temp gauge did you use? Stock or aftermarket?
Old 03-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Digital gauge tapped into upper radiator hose.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:45 PM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

its what you dont see that make the difference

Quick Reply: Stage V intercooler.