Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Paint Shop Recomendations in DFW

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 02:03 PM
kyle951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Paint Shop Recomendations in DFW

I was curious to know if anyone had some paint shop recommendations for older Porsche cars. I was looking for someone who does quality work with a moderate price. I am familiar with Dusold Designs and I know they do some high quality work, but I was interested to know if any local members had some additional input on the subject.

thanks
Old 02-28-2012, 11:27 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

There's a place in the mid cities that used to be a Slipstream advertiser, but I can't remember their name at the moment. I've heard they do quality work, but I'm not sure that their prices could be called "moderate" ;-).

My only recent personal experience with body and paint work was an insurance job on my wife's Malibu. Precision Auto Body in Arlington did a great job color matching and blending panels, and the finish looks factory. I have no idea about pricing though as I didn't get quotes because insurance was paying. I was referred by a friend who has had a few cars there for body work and paint.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:07 AM
ryanm6100
Pumice King
Rennlist Member

Stuarts is the best place around, but be prepared to wait as they have a ton of business from local high end auto dealers and tend to take their time to make sure things are done right. It's also expensive, but you get what you pay for.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:56 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ryanm6100
Stuarts is the best place around, but be prepared to wait as they have a ton of business from local high end auto dealers and tend to take their time to make sure things are done right. It's also expensive, but you get what you pay for.
I wasn't that impressed with Stuarts, but that could have been a isolated incident. I had them do a correction and just wasn't impressed with thier fit and finish. To the OP I wish I could send you to Bruce who had his guys do all of my custom paint and bodywork, but unfortunately it's been years and I've lost contact with him.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:53 AM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Stuart's... That's the one I was trying to remember. I've never dealt with them, but I've heard good things combined with steep prices and long waits.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:52 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zerMATT951
Stuart's... That's the one I was trying to remember. I've never dealt with them, but I've heard good things combined with steep prices and long waits.
It's not all bad. I have had friends really satisfied with their work. Dave's vette comes to mind. I just wasn't impressed with their customer service, communication, or end result. The car had an appointment with Lindsey and had to be put on the truck; they had trouble with my time frame(even though I felt it was reasonable), and had issues with my wanting the fit and gaps perfect.

It made little difference in the end, because I had the car completely redone two years later.

Quick Reply: Paint Shop Recomendations in DFW