Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Rogue or vitesse maf?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 04:16 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sorta look at it this way... sometimes I buy Snap-On and sometimes I buy Craftsman. Both companies sell quality products and support them forever (for the most part anyway). My decision is based on the features I'm looking for and how often I plan to use and rely on th tool. The bottom line is that both options are good choices, it just depends on how money you want to spend on a particular aspect of the hobby. None of us are making a living driving these cars, so is there really a need to spend Snap-On money on something that makes the car more "fun"? That decision is up to you. I chose to save some money when possible on the fun stuff if I have multiple good options, some of that money saved goes towards pretty parts, and I dont spare any expense when buying safety components like brakes, suspension, helmets, harnesses, etc, at least as much as is appropriate for the minimal amount of track time I put in.

The bottom line to the OP is that you have two great choices, and I'm sure you will make the decision that works best for your immediate needs as well as our future plans for the car.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:17 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 133 Likes on 90 Posts

And just to continue with the apples-to-apples... it looks like Rogue is coming out with a piggyback device of his own, too:

http://roguetuning.com/rogue_tuner©_piggy-back

So it seems both vendors also offer PB devices now (or will soon?)
Old 02-26-2012, 04:22 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
And just to continue with the apples-to-apples... it looks like Rogue is coming out with a piggyback device of his own, too:

http://roguetuning.com/rogue_tuner©_piggy-back

So it seems both vendors also offer PB devices now (or will soon?)
Hey and where do you guys leave the Lart's piggonback I have been offering the kit since 2003
Attached Images  
Old 02-26-2012, 04:25 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh, I forgot about Lart. So to make my list complete, sometimes I buy Snap-On, sometimes Craftsman, and sometimes Harbor Freight!

Old 02-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
I would consider his product for a particular application.
What particular application might that be Jeremy?
Old 02-26-2012, 04:28 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by lart951
Hey and where do you guys leave the Lart's piggonback I have been offering the kit since 2003
I thought it was still in beta?

I'll take two. Gimme your paypal.

Everything is better with bacon! mmmm. Bacon-wrapped 951.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Black51
What particular application might that be Jeremy?
Something established. 2.5L 27/6, TO4E 50trim, GT series, mild cams, etc.
Timing curves are significantly different in a 3.0L and 2.8 (for max power).

On my 3.0L with a big cam, big turbo, worked head, about every bolt on you can think of, and 115 degree ambient temps I went to Vitesse based on his experience with 3.0L motors, race environment applications, and my past dealings with him. I couldn't find a better choice in my opinion.
Old 02-26-2012, 05:56 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to see you post up jeremy! I know like myself you've bought from many vendors over the years and have a pretty well seasoned opinion. I hear ya on the money. I was about 70 grand or so over the course of 5 years of ownership. To be fair a lot of that was spent on mods and combo change ups.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol - I don't look at this thread for a day, and it blows-up!

I suppose it is kind of like asking what is better, Chevy or Ford...

It does not matter what objective points are brought up, there will be two sides disagreeing for eternity. And those that have ran both systems are likely not going to be vocal about it, not that I blame them, as they will get the most aggressive back-lashing.

Those that mentioned these cars being a labor of love - that is exactly the fact for myself! I've owned my 951 for ~7years, and even picked up a 944NA last year. Of all the cars I've owned, this has been my favorite, and I have no plans of moving away from them (though I might be looking for a 968 coupe this year). Since owning this thing, I've tried to make it better and give back to the community.

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
I can usually pick apart 99% of the BS guys and have not encountered that with Josh. He's been here a while, seems pretty technical, and more over I haven't classified as a dousche. I would consider his product for a particular application.
Ha, first time I've actually considered quoting someone for my signature

In the end, I do believe competition to be a good thing, even in a marketplace as small as this one. Because of competition, people have options to argue about, prices to scrutinize, and continued innovation.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:08 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant

It does not matter what objective points are brought up, there will be two sides disagreeing for eternity. And those that have ran both systems are likely not going to be vocal about it, not that I blame them, as they will get the most aggressive back-lashing.

Those that mentioned these cars being a labor of love - that is exactly the fact for myself! I've owned my 951 for ~7years, and even picked up a 944NA last year. Of all the cars I've owned, this has been my favorite, and I have no plans of moving away from them (though I might be looking for a 968 coupe this year). Since owning this thing, I've tried to make it better and give back to the community.

In the end, I do believe competition to be a good thing, even in a marketplace as small as this one. Because of competition, people have options to argue about, prices to scrutinize, and continued innovation.
Couldn't agree more. Congratulations on your success. You obviously stand by your product which is important.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:55 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant

Well put unlike some ppl on here. BTW you know Ford is better no argument about that.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:07 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by reno808
Well put unlike some ppl on here. BTW you know Ford is better no argument about that.
No way. Chevy is better.

"Where there's smoke, there's usually some semblance of fire", I always say...
Old 02-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ford US or Ford AUS?

Clearly Ford Aus is better
Old 02-27-2012, 12:22 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
No way. Chevy is better.

"Where there's smoke, there's usually some semblance of fire", I always say...
FORD- First On Race Day
Chevrolet-Cracked heads everlasting valve leakage engine trouble

Originally Posted by Paulyy
Ford US or Ford AUS?

Clearly Ford Aus is better
Well i all can say 65 1/2-70 mustangs win for USA and rest goes to Aus ie Capri
Old 02-27-2012, 12:43 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

FORD- First On Race Day
Funny. I've always heard a very similar breakdown of the FORD acronym, but it started with a different "F" word....

Quick Reply: Rogue or vitesse maf?