Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Anyone run these?

http://www.fuelinjectorclinic.com/injectors/evo.html
Old 01-21-2012, 04:56 AM
thingo
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

When I see that word 'custom' I get a bit wary, one of the things that sold me on the ID1000's is that they give you a compensation table, you can put those values straight into the ecu(motec). Ive used drilled ones in the past and you have to guess how they will behave under different voltage conditions.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:38 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It'll be hard finding answers for products not many people use on this forum.

IMO if you want to find info on those injectors, just do a quick google with the injector name and feedback next to it or just google that injector name and look for forum webpages.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:14 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thingo
When I see that word 'custom' I get a bit wary, one of the things that sold me on the ID1000's is that they give you a compensation table, you can put those values straight into the ecu(motec). Ive used drilled ones in the past and you have to guess how they will behave under different voltage conditions.
I get your point Rod but what I've also found interesting is that it would seem in some quarters that these ID products are viewed as rebadged standard Bosch items with little to offer over the originals. Plus they're double the price. I have no experience with them, but thought it worth noting. I'm probably still going with these I believe.

Originally Posted by Paulyy
It'll be hard finding answers for products not many people use on this forum.

IMO if you want to find info on those injectors, just do a quick google with the injector name and feedback next to it or just google that injector name and look for forum webpages.
Pretty much what I did Paulyy. Just wondered if anyone around here had run them. Interesting to note that they don't recommend running injectors past 80% d/c.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Looks like you are suffering from fretting wear and corrosion. Its not really the fault of the head gasket but the Cometic gasket may suffer from damage faster because of the spring steel ridge that makes up the sealing surface.

Here is a nice book on the subject. Perhaps a good book for reading while on the throne -
Amazon Amazon
Old 01-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

As for the injectors – check out the new Siemens Deka high impedance injectors. These things are as good as any of the low impedance injectors and they can be run up to very close to 100% duty cycle without linearity issues.
Here is the specs for the 80lb/hr version – I have been told that these can be run up to 100psi of fuel pressure…!
http://www.usa.vdo.com/generator/www...redirect=false
Interesting to note that as they get over 90% duty cycle they richen up a little. Better than going the other way!
Old 01-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Originally Posted by Chris White
As for the injectors – check out the new Siemens Deka high impedance injectors. These things are as good as any of the low impedance injectors and they can be run up to very close to 100% duty cycle without linearity issues.
Here is the specs for the 80lb/hr version – I have been told that these can be run up to 100psi of fuel pressure…!
Interesting to note that as they get over 90% duty cycle they richen up a little. Better than going the other way!
Yep, those are great injectors! In-fact, those are the exact injectors (except the plug style) that I use, and that I offer.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:02 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris White
I have the same ones! it idles just like stock. but the best thing about them is that i do not need resistors since they are high impedance for my link standalone. As matter of fact the Link Standalone has a those exact injector option and it auto fill all of the injector info needed to run. I want to say i got them from racing dynamics i think. they matched them for me for free. They also came with a flow chart. the one that slightly flowed more you put on
#4 cylinder
Old 01-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Yep, those are great injectors! In-fact, those are the exact injectors (except the plug style) that I use, and that I offer.
Thought so! i was actually going to make the same comment!
Old 01-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Yep, that's the price I got too Sid. We found that by changing to some new ARP headstuds we were able to get a longer lifespan out of the Cometics. To expand, with the old stock studs we were having to change them over after 2-3 racedays which is clearly pretty crap. After changing to new studs I think we got about 4 meetings and perhaps a couple of mid week test days. When Sean put this motor back in the car we decided to change the h/g again. It was about to blow had we left it so that was a good idea. I'm thinking it might be worth trying one of these Phuzions again depending on what lifespan we get out of this current normal one after the new ECU tune and shakedowns that I hope to be doing next month. Decided to switch to these ID2000's. Going to have to get a different fuel rail knocked up quickly. What injs are you using Sid?

Paulyy, might be worth considering either/both of these products too. Can you log inj duty cycle?
Have you tried backing off the ignition timing a little?
Old 01-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Have you tried backing off the ignition timing a little?
Thats what I would do.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:06 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

I didn't have that option with the piggyback. With the Motec now I will.
So do we think these new Siemens are 'better' than the IDs?
Oh, that Amazon link didn't work Chris?

Last edited by 333pg333; 01-21-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Quick Reply: PHUZION H/G and ID injectors...