Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

CHIPS???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 06:58 PM
ddramoneshaw
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question CHIPS???

I noticed on the net most people use auto authority chips, how about the europroducts chips that also come with wastegate shims. anyone had experience with them??
Old 11-20-2001, 11:07 PM
86944turbo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of outlets sell chips that they were not involved with manufacturing or developing. I am not familiar with Europroducts chips, but if they did not assist in developing/manufacturing the chip, it would probably be in your best interest to speak with those involved with the development. Virtually everyone I have spoken to regarding AutoThority rates them as good to great. I have purchased several sets of chips from AutoThority, including stage 2. Stage 2 was, at the time I purchased it, reportedly worth 270 H/P on non-S and 300, or so on the S. My personal belief is at the 270 H/P (I have a non-S) figure is on the high side. It is common to mistake torque for horsepower. Later, when I purchased the Mass-Air flow, and K-27 from AutoThority, they were very cooperative in sending me several new chips to lean out the 3500-4500 rpm range. You may want to contact Jon Milledge at Milledge@erols.com. He was selling his own chips for a fair price that were developing 20 or so more H/P than AutoThority. I am not certain if he still sells them. While this does not directly answer your question, selecting the right chip is important. The wrong selection can cause a number of problems, some of which, because Porsche builds their motors very strong, may not show up for some time. I hope this is of some value to you.

Quick Reply: CHIPS???