Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Temp Sensor wire

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 01:04 AM
ALS951
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Temp Sensor wire

The single wire that connects to the temp sensor on the turbo, has broken off from the black plastic fitting. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? What is the worse case senerio if i don't have it plug to the temp sensor?

Thanks in advance
Old 11-20-2001, 01:38 PM
txhedg
Racer

Arrow

So is the round metal "stub" connector still sticking out of the temp sensor its self?? If so, it may be hard to find a match for that connection. A way to fix it may to be to get a replacement sensor with a "normal" tab connector, and then just solder on a std connector to the end of the wire.

I know there is an identical sensor with the std connector available, as I just returned one to Paragon Products because the connection did not work with my still intact non-std fitting. The temp sensor was about $35. Call Jason at Paragon, he can probably help you. You may want to add that you think the one that I just returned *MAY* work for what you are trying to do. Email me direct if I can help at txhedg@yahoo.com

good luck

Last edited by txhedg; 11-11-2019 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-21-2001, 03:22 AM
ALS951
Intermediate

Arrow

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and solder the wires together and seem to be holding up. But it won't hold for long. I'll go ahead and get in touch with Jason in regards to the connector. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Temp Sensor wire