Freon replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 10:29 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Freon replacement

Is there anyone out there who has tried this freon replacement? Just curious of how it worked. The ratio of .38lb for 1 lb of 134a sounds "to good to be true"

Take the link and read about it if you haven't seen it....
http://www.btt.org/ES.html
Old 11-11-2001, 12:52 PM
Jerry
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have heard from my porsche dealership
that unless your whole system was designed for the replacement refrigerent,or is it refrigerant,like the dryer and evaporator that it is not a good idea. I guess that means it wont work as well.
Old 11-11-2001, 03:57 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
People are changing r-12 systems over to 134, probably some not the entire correct way. This envro-safe claims to work as good as r-12 and better than 134a.

I already have a new compressor, drier, expansion valve. I was going to buy Griffiths new condensor and then rebuild my system to ARTIC status for my wife.

I thought I might use the Enviro-Safe products,,just wondering if anyone has tried them and had opinions.
Old 11-13-2001, 06:32 PM
threesticks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey All: I've used Enviro Safe in several cars with good results. One was a '78 911 SC where we rebuilt the compressor and replaced the receiver drier and charged the system with enviro safe. The owner was impressed and said that thi discharge temp was in the 50's with an ambient temp in the upper 90's.
In my '86 951 when I got the car the AC wasn't blowing cold at all. The pressures where something like 15 and 90 psi. I added about one and a half cans of enviro safe and the pressures went to about 30 and 190 at 2,000 rpm. the discharge temp was then about 50 with an ambient of 105F.
I don't know what was in the ac system before I added the enviro safe but it seems to be working just fine. The bubbles never went away so I went by pressures.
I hope that this annswers some questions.
Threesticks
Old 11-13-2001, 06:58 PM
sm
Drifting

Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts
Hey Threesticks:

Could you please tell me exactly what you did to your 86 951 as I have the same car and the same problem you had. It's not blowing cold and I can hear the A/C system kick in when I hit the switch.
Did you have to drain your system, replace parts, etc? Since I haven't yet played with the A/C system, can you point out where you add the EnviroSafe to the system?

Thanks in advance...
sm

Quick Reply: Freon replacement