where is rage2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2003, 04:11 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post where is rage2 ?

I havent heard from him ad can not find his email any longer.
I have some question on the Blitz power meter and I think he is teh only one who use one.

Konstantin
Old 01-13-2003, 05:11 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not hiding, honest!

Actually just got back from Vegas/CES trip. What do you need to know?
Old 01-13-2003, 11:25 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello
I tried to find you through your reg number 3238 with the search function but got zero results!!!!!
Anyway a friend of mine want to buy the Blitz Power meter (since the Gtech seems to have problems, still no software, no metric edition etc etc)
What si the acuracy of the blitz; how many times per sec does it mesure the g? Can you sent me a pic of teh spec?
can you messure from 100 km/h to 200km/h or you MUST always start from zero ?
what si your recomendation? any dificulties on teh instalation? How acurate etc.

Thanks

Konstantin
Old 01-14-2003, 05:07 PM
rage2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, the Blitz Power meter works a bit differently than the G-Tech Pro. Instead of measuring G force, it measures wheel speed, and you can calibrate it yourself (@40km/h). I calibrated it using GPS at 40km/h and drove up to 240km/h and it was off by less than 1km/h so fairly accurate.

Because it knows the speed at all times, it shows instantaneous hp based on acceration rate at the time. Very accurate IF and ONLY IF the road is flat. Going downhill you'll be accelerating faster therefore more HP will show. Since it knows speed at all times, u can start at any speed you like.

Bad things... the graphing function is hard to read. No datalogging, so read and see what you get. You do get peak speed/hp, but if u go down a hill that makes it useless. Since our speedos are on the tranny, wheelspin would show insanely high HP numbers. I pegged 1200hp in 2nd gear once...

The way I had it setup to "log" was to tape it down beside the AVC-R which showed boost and rpm, then videotaped it, then charted the data onto Excel to draw my graphs.

I'm currently looking for a better solution, probably the new Greddy Profec E-01, which has the functionality of the Profec B and the Blitz Power Meter in 1 unit. It also logs to an SD card, so you can take that data and do whatever you want with it. I'll probably write my own programs to take the raw data and create HP charts.

I'm also picking up a DL90 datalogger (GPS + G force based) for track use this year.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:33 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Took all of an hour to dig him up. Worth the wait?

Quick Reply: where is rage2 ?