Old 01-02-2012, 11:26 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Brembo Database

Anybody know of a database of Brembo info? Looking for sizing and mounting info for just about any Brembo / Porsche caliper made, especaily the bolt mounting info.

Thanks
Old 01-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Julian Allen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

This should get you the Brembo caliper information--but the Porsche OEM's aren't in here. Hope this helps at least a little.

http://www.brembo.com/it/Auto/Racing...acing_2011.pdf

If that's not quite what you wanted I'll see if I can't get you a copy of an older catalog.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks Julian, that is useful info for the current stuff.

I am still looking for similar data for Porsche calipers. The stock 944 turbo calipers make me wonder what they were thinking. Usually the manufacturer will use ‘round numbers’ in their designs – the big reds have a 120mm mounting bolt spacing – but the 944 turbo uses a 94mm spacing. It makes you second guess your own measurements! I came across a forum where they were trying to use the 944 turbo calipers on a Volvo or something like that – they kept referring to it as a 3.75” spacing. OK, I can see 3.70” (which is 93.98mm). That makes me wonder if it really is a 3.70” design instead of a 94mm? that would fit into the ‘round number’ concept….but why would Porsches (or Brembo) spec it in inches?

Quick Reply: Brembo Database