Will 993 rims fit on 951?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2001, 12:04 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Danno,

Thanks. Pictures will not be required, your proceedure description is great. I suppose I could have tried Parts Heaven in Hayward, but hindsight is 20/20. See ya Thanksgiving (Pizza on me, I owe ya).

Dave,

As Danno outlined, the spacers required are 21mm & 28mm. These spacers will put the face of the 993 cup wheels in the same plane (fender side) as the 951 phone dials. If you are a machinist and can duplicate the factory spacers at a more resonable price, I am certain that others would be interested. As for myself, these were special ordered at the dealer and as such non-refundable.

In one weeks time (special order parts delivery time) I should be SPORTIN' some new shoes!

Bill
Old 10-31-2001, 03:07 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i was going to email you about that danno. it would be great to hang out... will you be posting/mentioning this later (@ thxgvg)?
Alright, it's that time of year again. Let's get together for the 2nd annual Bay Area Pizza Run !!!

We'll meet on Saturday 24 November @ 9am at the 76 gas-station in Saratoga at the corner of Hwy9/Big Basin Way, Saratoga Ave. and Saratoga-Sunnyvale. Here's a map to the 76 station:
14395 Big Basin Way

Figured we can drive over the hill to Santa Cruz or up north towards Woodside and San Franciso. Ending up at Jake's Pizza was a great way to finish the gathering last year. Photos from last year's Run can be found here: 951_racerX website

Looking forward to see y'all there! -danno
Old 10-31-2001, 04:18 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[quote]As Danno outlined, the spacers required are 21mm & 28mm. These spacers will put the face of the 993 cup wheels in the same plane (fender side) as the 951 phone dials. <hr></blockquote>Actually, this is only true for the front. The rears I've set up so that the outside surface is about 1/2" further outwards than the stock '86 Phone Dials. But if you look carefully, the rear wheel is inset about 1" more than the front (not pictured below, I've already installed the spacers). That's because Porsche left off the rear 21mm spacer that came standard on pre-'85.5 cars, wierd. No one knows why.

Bill, if you could take some before & after photos of your car & wheels before you install the new wheels, I'd appreciate it. The ones I'm looking for would be from the front & rear at knee-level such that you really see the spacing between the wheels & fender. Kinda like these:

Except that in the front-view, I couldn't back up anymore and the photo has some distorted looking geometry (about 10-feet away looks good).

Those are HRE Model-504 wheels in 16x10.25" all around with 245/45-16 tires by the way.
Old 10-31-2001, 03:54 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Bill, if you could take some before & after photos of your car & wheels before you install the new wheels?
Consider it done. I will post when done.

Quick Reply: Will 993 rims fit on 951?