Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 11:12 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post teflon tape on FPR threads?

hello
can I use teflon tape to seal the threads on my FPR and on the end cap of teh fuel rail? I know it gets hot there but would it be ok to uese teflon or what else could I use. My FPR leaks and I must seal it since i do like that gas comes out of it!!!!!!!

Konstantin
Old 06-01-2002, 12:39 AM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is OK as long as you make sure that the tape doesn't shear off and clog an injector. Teflon is high temp stuff and the fuel will keep the temperature of the fitting well below the melting point of teflon.
Old 06-01-2002, 04:51 AM
txhedg
Racer

Arrow

where are the threads on the fpr? IIRC the fpr just pops down into the inlet, with no threading. If you ae using the ball bearing on the end of the fuel rail, you shouldn't need to use teflon tape. It does work, but usually you only need it when you remove the ball bearing....like when you install a fuel gauge on the end of the rail.
Old 06-01-2002, 02:09 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an adapter 1/8 NPTF with the 6,5 mm pipe (for the fuel hose) that bolt on the FPR. This is leaking. It is the inlet fuel hoes that goes to thsi adapter, the adapter is bold on the FPR.
I thought I may be better if I put some loctite there. This will seal it forever but is this ok or would the loctite go away by the time becaus e it comes in contact with gasoline?

Konstantin
Old 06-01-2002, 03:06 PM
txhedg
Racer

Arrow

I that case, I would think the teflon tape would be fine......i would be concerned that the locktite would be broken down by the gasoline. I found several wraps of the teflon tape usually works pretty well to seal everything off. good luck

Quick Reply: teflon tape on FPR threads?