bolt in me hose

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 02:00 PM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post bolt in me hose

thx to special tool, bjcamp, and aka 951 for help w/ my hesitant start issue, vacuum leak was the cause. when i was examining the vacuum lines, in addition to the leak, i found a line that is terminated w/ a bolt. i cant see where its was connected to, ill describe its location: starting at brake booster's vacuum input, trace that vacuum line towards passenger side of car, a smaller line "T"s off and the goes to an in-line......thingie (wtf is that thing check valve??), after that the line "T"s off, the "leg of the T" has a 9inch or so piece of hose w/ a bolt shoved in it (which was dangling behind motor), and the opposite "arm of the T" is still connected to the vacuum circuit. anyone have any ideas?
Old 05-31-2002, 05:00 PM
BJCamp
Intermediate

I don't know which thingie you're talking about. I remember seeing a realy nice vacuum diagram someone sent into this site.

There are two lines coming from the canister valves near the brake booster. One goes to the little temperature vacuum switch below the rear of the intake manifold (the other connection on this switch goes to the bottom of the throttle body). The other goes to the same line as the fuel pressure regulator, fuel damper, and cut-off valve. These all lead to the banjo bolt on the rear of the manifold that feeds the DME.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-03-2002, 09:53 AM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

thanks again camp, but didnt find the vacuum layout you mentioned. im figuring its about time i dipped into the wallet and purchased some factory manuals to get a vacuum schmatic, and for any other issues i run into. the factory manuals ive found so far are for n/a 944's...is there a 951 factory manual printed? anyone got one for sale? thanks all
Old 06-03-2002, 10:03 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What size are these lines - are you sure about these destinations / originations? Find out where the remaining 2 lines go from that tee.
Old 06-05-2002, 03:47 PM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Here is the link to my vacuum chart if its still needed.

<a href="http://home.satx.rr.com/grehome/vacsize.htm" target="_blank">vac page</a>

The diagram I made is based on the factory vac chart and like the factory vac chart it does not include the black/blue brake check valve or the vac cannister besides the battery. primarily because these things were improperly connected on my car and I didnt have a reference at the time.

Wayne.

Quick Reply: bolt in me hose