Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Autometer Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 04:09 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by 951Tom:
<strong>Does anyone else's Autometer boost gauge not return to zero when you shut the engine off? Mine reads -2 in. hg. when the engine is not running. Is there a calibration screw inside???
</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Are you located at high altitude? If so, that might explain why your ambient reading is low. Otherwise around sea level it should return to zero. It does on my Autometer boost gauge. I don't think there is a calibration screw inside that can be accessed easily. If you tried to open up the gauge enclosure, you would probably void any warranty that might apply if your gauge is defective.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:13 PM
Jake951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by TH951:
<strong>Is the A/F gauge difficult to install for someone that doesn't know what their doing?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">It's pretty simple. There are three wires you need to connect: +12 volts, ground, and the O2 sensor. The O2 sensor connection can be picked off at the DME box wire harness inside the car. I don't remember the DME pin number, but I know it's been mentioned before on this forum. Do a search and you'll find the info.
Old 06-15-2003, 03:36 AM
87951CJN
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just hooked up the Lindsey Racing Injector % and A/F Meter in my car. The DME pin number on the DME harness connector for the O2 sensor is pin 24 (All Green wire). A good ground there is pin 28 (All Brown wire). Thanks to Danno for that info. He has an excellent description of how to complete the project on his Racer X website.

If you are to hook up the same type of meter the pin number for the fuel injector signal line is Pin 14 (all Gray wire). I used the power supply to the radio for a switched/fused power source.

Altogether it took me about an hour to hook it up, soldering and testing the signal line and all. Not too difficult, but then I used to work on the electrical systems of B-52's. *L*

Quick Reply: Autometer Gauges