Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

tires final moan!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 02:27 PM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry tires final moan!

Don't know about you guys but I have now replaced all of my 4 tires with Bridgstone SO2's. Due to the new high profile of the tires my car feels like ''****'' (pardon my French) now. All of the sharpnes is gone - well not all but a lot. I know it's meant to be like this whilst the tires are beding-in but do you get the same thing and how long does it take before the car will start to feel great again?
Old 06-14-2003, 11:12 PM
nickhance
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Last year after putting some Bfgoodrich GForce KDW's on my car, it took about 100 miles until they really started to bite.

After that, they held pretty well.
Old 06-15-2003, 01:26 AM
lejams
Pro

Every time I install new tires, particularly on the rear, I experience considerably more sway. I use a good tire shop and asked about it and was informed it is called "tread flex". As your tires wear and the tread length is shortened, the lateral deflection of the tread profile is lessened which = sharper/more responsive handling. My car handles best, (in dry conditions), when near the wear bars. There is no tread really left to flex - It's on rails. This is how it was explained to me, hope this helps.
Old 06-15-2003, 06:05 AM
SimonK
Burning Brakes

Thanks Lejams just needed someone to confirm this. It's exactly what I am experiencing. My previous SO2's were down to wear bars. I hate new tires! I think schumi must too!
Old 06-15-2003, 11:35 AM
lejams
Pro

Quite welcome Simon,
if it were not for the potential hydro-planing in the wet, I'd keep the worn tires on longer myself.

Quick Reply: tires final moan!