Factory Alarm Bypass / Disable Procedure

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2003, 03:55 AM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts
Post Factory Alarm Bypass / Disable Procedure

Since there is little in the archives on this, I am gonna post what I found.

86-88 Cars

The Control box is above the DME in the passenger compartment. It is a 3"x5"x2" black box with blue lettering, and has 2 connectors. One connector has 2 wires and is the output of the control brain. The other is an 8 pin connector for the various inputs. To disable, unplug both connectors and with a jumper wire, jump pin 1 (green) to pin 4 (red/black). The early cars do not have a fuse or relay to bypass the alarm control.

89 and later cars

There are 3 components to the alarm. The control box, a fuse in the main panel, and also a relay in G18. Assuming the fuse and relay are fine, remove the connectors as stated above. (control box also above the DME) Jump pins 7 and 8. If it still won't start, try jumping 4 and 6 as well.

Since I do not have a later car, I do not have the wire colors, but other posts have said this procedure works just fine.

Happy disarming!
Old 06-09-2003, 12:23 PM
threesticks1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good timing. I just found the alarm key under the drivers seat and I have concerns as to whether it works or not. Now I'll know what to do if it dosn't work.

Thanks Perry 951.
Old 06-09-2003, 10:53 PM
SteveNick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perry:

Thanks for the post. I was searching around the archives looking for something that would describe how to disable the alarm. The thing's more of a pain in the butt than it's worth in my opinion.

Quick Reply: Factory Alarm Bypass / Disable Procedure