Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Hey guys, I think I found the one

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 06:36 PM
Michaelss
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Hey guys, I think I found the one

Its an 87 944 Turbo with 175,000 miles, but lots of things on it are brand new, so im not too worried about the mileage....should I be??...you guys are the "pros" heres the link, I think hes a rennlist member too

<a href="http://sorbera.home.texas.net/" target="_blank">http://sorbera.home.texas.net/</a>
Old 04-25-2003, 06:42 PM
Magown
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Knock off $1000 for that tacky steering wheel cover. Those aren't S2 wheels those are the forged man hole covers that were optional that year.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:51 PM
Michaelss
Intermediate

Yea, im aware of the minor flaws, but it looks to be in great condition, lots of key things have been replaced also. But yea im gonna have to change the wheel cover, but personally I like those wheels much better than the phone dials
Old 04-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow, that thing's been for sale for a long time. It was on the market when I was looking 7~9 months ago. Gotta wonder why (might be as simple as the price, lack of advertising, etc). I'd find out how moivated the seller is, and then start on the price cuts.. Real motived, lots of money to come off....
Old 04-25-2003, 10:12 PM
RJP 951
Racer

From the detailed description of maintenance work and the known flaws, seems like the guy is being pretty straight. Get a PPI to satisfy any concern, and start negotiating!

Ron
Old 04-28-2003, 09:24 PM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Received 791 Likes on 415 Posts
Just to clear the air...

The window sticker says "16-inch Disc wheels", and those are the original wheels...

other options:
Partial Leather Front
Central Locking System
External Transmission oil cool
Full power seat left
Automatic Speed Control
Alarm System
Electric Sunroof
Part Lthr seats-lth/lth/lthtte

And the reason why it didn't sell before was because I decided to take it off the market...

Now I am because I'm buying a Cayenne...

And btw, that steering wheel cover looks great on the car in real life, the picture doesn't do it justice...
Old 04-28-2003, 09:33 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts
whats the asking price on it?
Old 04-29-2003, 09:54 AM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

$7,500

But Michaelss will be driving from Houston today to see the car. I'll let everyone know tonight if he bought the car.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Michaelss
Intermediate

Well, i did not buy the car, the car was very misrepresented, looks rips in seat were awful, no rear wiper, chips, nicks, scratches throughout the car, spots where rust was starting to form, I didnt even have to open the door of the car before I walked off. Hood didnt close right, various other things. This car was represented as meticulous. I dont know what your definiton of meticulous is, but it couldnt be farther from the truth. watch out guys, its all messed up
Old 04-29-2003, 08:22 PM
Michaelss
Intermediate

the car honestly is worth maybe 4k, if that
Old 04-29-2003, 08:29 PM
Michaelss
Intermediate

The pictures he sent me to show me that car, were obviously VERY outdated. The foam in the seat where the tear is on the pics is bright yellow, and very clean, also it has a back window wiper in the pictures. This man is an obvious misrepresenter due to the fact that when I looked at the car, it had no back wiper, seat was TORN UP BAD, very very different from the little tear in the pics. The pictures of the car are OUTDATED, watch out guys.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:30 PM
Michaelss
Intermediate

Did I also mention I drove over 3 hours to see this "meticlously maintained car"
Old 04-30-2003, 12:38 AM
sasilverbullet
Rennlist Member

Michaelss's uncle Aldo wrote:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Dear Mr. Sorbera,

After a three hour drive and why not say much anticipation on Michael's part I must say that I was not only extremely disappointed on Michael's behalf but also a bit annoyed about my participation in this whole deal. All I can do at this point is honestly give you a bit of advice.

1. In the future should anyone express any interest in your car, try being honest and upfront about the true condition of the car. Otherwise people will be nothing but depressed when they finally see the car.

2. Should you ever sell this car, spend a little money on a pair of glasses so that you can see the true condition of the car and also a bit of cash on a good dictionary so that you can look up the true definition of "METICULOUS"...!!!

And by the way...where was the rear windshield wiper? I told Michael that I am sure that it was out being "meticulously refurbished".

Try being honest and true to your clients and to your prospective buyers, and also realistic about your asking price. I think that ultimately your lack of honesty reflects on you yourself as a person.

Respectfully,

Michael's Uncle..

Aldo
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Here's my reply to Aldo:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Aldo,
You're right, the web site does not show the tears exactly correct, and it shows the rear wiper. That was an unintentional mistake on my part. I've fixed the website. But Aldo, I did not intentionally "misrepresent" the car.

The scratch on the hood was also there when I purchased the car. I did NOT touch up any of the pictures of the car to remove scratches. From looking closely at the pictures, I don't think the scratch showed up because of the angle of the shots.

You wrote:
"I think that ultimately your lack of honesty reflects on you yourself as a person"

That was a pretty low blow, I was honest...humans make mistakes.

Why didn't you guys come in and talk to me about these issues...after a three hour drive?

Sincerely,
Michael Sorbera
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">
Old 04-30-2003, 03:15 AM
Michaelss
Intermediate

Becasue I was looking for a "meticulously maintained" Porsche as you stated you had, that wasnt.
Old 04-30-2003, 03:21 AM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Michael,
If I get any leads on a decent turbo I'll try to send it to you.

Quick Reply: Hey guys, I think I found the one