Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Trying to Delete Giant Red Exclamation Point Light Top Center on Dash!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Clown
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to Delete Giant Red Exclamation Point Light Top Center on Dash!!

Does anyone know how to delete the Giant Warning Light on the dash. The large one top center with the exclamation point.

One thing led to another and the next thing you know I have the dash apart.

I looked at the back of the cluster assembly and see the bulb for the warning light I intend to delete.

Here is the problem I heard if you remove it totally, the rest of the dash lights wont work either. Kind of like the old Christmas tree lights. Take one out they all go out.

Has anyone ever tried just taking the bulb out breaking it and then sticking the insert back in?

I am about to try this but would like to know if it will work first.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:21 PM
CDH-CTT
Racer

Whats wrong with the car to have that light ON in the first place???
Might be easier to just fix whats wrong with it before shredding the car more....
Old 11-14-2011, 01:23 PM
arthropraxis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is that the only warning light that is on? It is connected to other warning lights and the emergency brake. I took mine out and the oil pressure gauge would stay pegged at over 5 bar. When the light was replaced the pressure gauge retruned to normal operation.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by CDH-CTT
Whats wrong with the car to have that light ON in the first place???
Might be easier to just fix whats wrong with it before shredding the car more....
+944
Old 11-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Clown
Instructor

Ok sorry. Forgot to explain that part. This car is far from stock. The previous owner replaced the stock stearing wheel with an aftermarket Momo stearing wheel. So the official airbag light in the bottom right is on and I believe that this also causes the main exclamation light in top center (which I am trying to delete) to be on as well.

So no Driver Airbag = Large Dash warning light?

What you guys think. Car runs great.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:52 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Clown
Ok sorry. Forgot to explain that part. This car is far from stock. The previous owner replaced the stock stearing wheel with an aftermarket Momo stearing wheel. So the official airbag light in the bottom right is on and I believe that this also causes the main exclamation light in top center (which I am trying to delete) to be on as well.

SEARCH i made a thread to bypass this its pretty simple
Old 11-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Clown
Instructor

So I shredded the car more and just crushed the bulb placed it back in the socket and all the other lights and instruments still work! I tell you what, so much nicer driving the car at night and no more "so why is that red light on for" comments when people ride in the car. Thanks for your help guys. Reno thanks for showing me the search function on the forum. Thats fantastic.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You could have bypassed the SRS module and the light would have gone off. http://www.944s2.com/how-to/how-to.htm

I think that's what Reno meant by search.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Clown
Instructor

Thanks Scott. I did search the forum a while back but did not see anything related to this. I am a horrible searcher apparently.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

That writeup works, it take a bit to get to the controller even with the glove box removed. The bolts holding it in are a very strange anti-tamper type.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:20 PM
George D
Drifting

Pull the bulb. That's what I did. Till I did this, I used a strip of elec tape.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Clown
Instructor

George, yes I tried pulling the bulb but then the other lights would not work. So I just took it out and crushed the actual bulb then put the socket back into place. Now the large red light is off and the other lights still work. Funny yours works with the whole bulb and socket out.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:35 PM
George D
Drifting

George, yes I tried pulling the bulb but then the other lights would not work. So I just took it out and crushed the actual bulb then put the socket back into place. Now the large red light is off and the other lights still work. Funny yours works with the whole bulb and socket out.
I should have read all the posts. Looks like you got things figured out. We attached the loop to mimick a bulb stem. Simply breaking the bulb is the better choice. No one will ever know, and I'm glad you got that RED glare out of your eyes.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:40 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Scott. I did search the forum a while back but did not see anything related to this. I am a horrible searcher apparently.
Reno just likes to post the search thing every week, somehow thinking that it is helpful.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Ben951S
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is so ghetto OP.

Bypass the airbag system. Hope you notice when your voltage drops, your oil pressure drops, or anything else MAJOR happens and you don't get your '!' light.

Just bypass the airbag system properly, and the light will be out, but still working for the other systems.

Quick Reply: Trying to Delete Giant Red Exclamation Point Light Top Center on Dash!!