Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

e-prom burning?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2002, 10:33 PM
9milphil
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post e-prom burning?

I have a friend who is looking for a way to burn a chip -I hear everyone talking about it on the board so I thought I would ask - anyone know someone who can do it or does it? - he owns a 951 as well-
phil400@mediaone.net - I will forward emails-

Old 03-05-2002, 12:54 AM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Burning the chip is not the hard part. It is having the software that will read the stock chip and allow you to modify the information contained in it.

Anyone know what the software is, or where to get it?
Old 03-05-2002, 04:29 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
A friend of mine just got an e-prom burner. At the moment he's working on burning chips for his BMW 335 (that's a 325 with a 535 engine ).

Last time I talked to him about this, he said he was trying to crack a program that was available online but cost a lot to unlock (to read/upgrade a stock chip). I've acquired a few sets of performance chips for my 951 (didn't think I would, but got a deal on it)so I'm not interested anymore but I can hook you up with his e-mail address if you'd like. E-mail me at over1g@hotmail.com if interested.
Ahmet
Old 03-05-2002, 02:47 PM
aka 951
Pro

I have a burner and will be burning chips shortly. If you guys tell me what you want I'll set you up (like rev-limit, etc.)
Old 03-06-2002, 03:30 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

SFR is currently underway with a set of complete custome chips for each watercooled front engined Porsche. We have so far, gained 20HP to the wheels on a stock 951 by simply programming the fuel and timing...we have not touched the boost. The car runs 8psi. Puts down about 200HP at the rear tires now.

THe dyno chart will be posted soon...we will be writing a KLR chip to controll the cycling valve for a boost of 15psi, with a newly mapped DME chip.

The 968, a customers SFR SC'd S2, a customers SFR SC'd 928 S4, the 944S and NA S2 along with the NA 8 valve will be getting SFR chips as well.

We''l keep upi posted as we get the results.

Take Care!
Old 03-08-2002, 05:25 AM
951Gary
Instructor

SFR- For My Information, Is the cycling valve controlled with feedback (monitors boost & adjusts duty cycle of valve) or simply mapped?

Would I need to remove my wastegate shims to use your new 951 chips?

Are you planning to test the chips on a couple of stock cars to verify uniformity of fuel mapping? I'm worried about differences of my FPR, injectors, and actual boost attained to those in your test car.

I'd love to see you program also for a stock car with your 3" exhaust system & post the results, as that is a combo that would interest me. Or would the exhaust change be within the scope of the chips for a stock car?

thanks
Gary
Old 03-08-2002, 08:11 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
John, I assume you'll be burning chips for a Turbo S as well?

If you want a sale to me, they need to be as good as or better than Steve R chips hp/torque wise with a nice a/f curve. Also, will yours require an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to run 15-16psi?

Looking forward to doing business.
--Adrial
Old 03-08-2002, 06:07 PM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Our goal for the 951 series is a simple swap of chips ONLY, no hradware (shims, boost restrictors etc etc? The chips will me burned for proper fule and timing...and also for the controll of the Cycling valve up to 14.5psi.

Remember the chips are being burned on cars that are in as good as shape as we can find,for echa series of cars.

So, if you have boost leaks, bad injectors, grounding issues, bad TPS switches etc etc....it could cause more problems when installing our chips. Basically, chips will not fix any problems you currently have.

THey are for OFF ROAD only and will not be smog legal in the state of CA.

Our chips will be tuned for the best HP possible, saftey levels and will require NO additional hardware to be installed on your car.

Take Care

Quick Reply: e-prom burning?