Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Aftermarket exhausts??

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2002, 01:09 AM
instigator
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeh i noticed the price for those from Broadfoot and was kinda taken aback, he said they were mad from 321 stainless but for that price the **** should be made out of inconel with some kinda space shuttle coating on them
Old 03-09-2002, 02:38 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
pig4bill, I do follow the challange at grassroots. Thanks for the heads up anyway though.

PS: My name is spelled 'Ahmet'.
Ahmet
Old 03-10-2002, 07:43 PM
marksportcts
Burning Brakes

I gotta get a custom exhaust made for my car as I am/was running the stock 2 1/4 non-turbo piping. And what I mean by "was" is that about 6" past the starter, the pipe sheared off so I ended up running with open downpipe for a few weeks. Damn, you can hear the air going thru the turbo and when it spools up. Managed to scare off a few mustangs from racing me.
Old 03-10-2002, 08:20 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have been thinking about cutting mine off just after the dp. When I had my exhuast done, I started the car up when Everything was cut off and it wasn't that loud!
Old 03-11-2002, 05:54 PM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Mine's fully completed. I got a 3 inch custom set up from turbo back. No muffler, no resonator, and no tip however a removable tail section, onto which I'm planning to slap a straight through resonator in the future. It's not stainless, but it's a heck of a lot lighter than stock, and including rr wastegate as well as some new bolts here/there it cost me $250 exactly. This is finally a welcome surprise.

Sounds like Carters car (he doesn't post much on this board anymore), in other words a bit loud for my taste, but only because I don't want to **** anybody off but damn does that turbo scream at full boost... Now the car makes more noise behind the car, instead of around/in the car...
Ahmet
Old 03-13-2002, 09:52 PM
Rads
Addict
Rennlist Member

I put on a complete 3" system last year, from Fabspeed.com. This went on my Green Machine track car, which already had a test pipe and negligible muffler, all in 2 1/2" size. I think I have about 320 HP at the flywheel.
There is a general rule of thumb that you need one inch of pipe for each 100 HP, and the seat=of-the-pants change on my modified turbo S seems to confirm this. The new system saved some weight, but the difference in performance was very noticable. I have a straight-through system which does not seem to bother the noise police at tracks here in the Northeast ( Lime Rock, NHIS), and they've been there with the meters. I run stock boost, K-26-8. The exhaust note is louder than before, but I can't comment as to how it compares to other systems. The system cost somewhere around $1500. I'm very pleased. The more mods you have, the more you need a 3" system.

86,87,88,89 multiyear Turbo S trackster.

RADS

Quick Reply: Aftermarket exhausts??