Qs: Adding Power Door Locks, Brakes, Speedo

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2002, 08:04 PM
vishal
Advanced

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts
Post Qs: Adding Power Door Locks, Brakes, Speedo

Alright, got a few questions for you guys:

1. What is required for me to add power door locks to my car? I would prefer to stick with at least the factory switch and method of operation if not the factory components.

2. I recently replaced my brakes with stock rotors and Porterfield R4S pads. Are these pads always this noisy around town? They are squealing quite a bit right now. It's only been 300 miles since the install.

3. My speedo, to my best estimate, is about 8-10mph off at 80mph. Yesterday I went on a 176 mile journey and the trip meter read 183. I am running 245/45/16s in the rear but that should not be the cause of such gross error. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:25 PM
Jeremy Martin
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have aftermarket locks on my car. you can wire a system into the power door locks to just fire the linkages to lock the doors / unlock the doors. the only issue i have is that sometimes the car doesnt realized that the doors are locked when i use the keyless entry and if i hit the lock button inside it will try to unlock the doors when they are already unlocked, or lock them when they are already locked. i'd say just go to your porsche mechanic and have them put in whatever system you want. that way you'll be sure to avoid most of the hack job horror stories i've heard about people that install car alarms for a living... or you could go to a place you might have heard good things about. just be careful. as for the tires...
your tires are less then 1% off, but in the wrong direction from what i understand you're saying. when you're speedo reads 100, you're going 99 and change. is it possible that your differential was changed at some point?

Quick Reply: Qs: Adding Power Door Locks, Brakes, Speedo