Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Very Loud Backfire Engine Died Now wont Start Any Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Clown
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C ANDERSON
Check the rotor , make sure the screw did not fall out letting the rotor be loose.
C Anderson you hit the nail on the head man.

LOL I must have missed this post. I feel like an idiot now. Funny thing is I did check the rotor the first time i took the distributor cap off and it seemed fine to me. Wasn't till the second time that it actually moved when I touched it!! Never knew it could come loose cause I never took one off before.

So C Anderson Carlege and ZerrMatt and anyone else I might have missed thanks for pointing out the rotor issue as well. Next time I will take a closer look!
Old 10-16-2011, 11:48 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I expect that we are ALL very happy that the fix was easy and inexpensive in the end. Happy motoring...
Old 10-17-2011, 12:02 AM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by carlege
Samsonite I was way off.

LOL! Man I'm going to have to watch that movie again soon, it's been way too long.

We've landed on the moon!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:36 AM
C ANDERSON
Racer

Glad you got it fixed, this happened to me on a trip years ago out in the middle of no where land. Thought sure it jumped timing . then it cranked briefly, popped and dead again. pulled the cap to check belt in the dark of course. Rolled it up on the cam gear mark and realized the rotor was not pointed correct. The screw for the door jamb switch is almost right and stayed until made it home several hundred miles . worried the whole time about the location of the lost screw figured the next thing would be when it found the belt.

Clifton

Quick Reply: Very Loud Backfire Engine Died Now wont Start Any Ideas