Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need some quick help

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2002, 08:09 PM
*eurospeed951*
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Need some quick help

Ok, I just have a few more parts to put on. I am still a little unclear on what to do with some of the boost lines. I am only going to install the Deltagate and boost gauge for right now. I will install the Profec A and adjustable FPR when the engine is running. With the deltagate, should I just block off the extra fitting intill I install the boost controler? Also, when I do install the boost controler and get rid of the cycaling vaulve One line comes from the intercooler pipe, one from the wasgate and one from the intake boot. What do I do with the line from the intake boot? Thanks
Old 07-27-2002, 01:09 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Sorry I can't answer your questions but I was curious who did your engine work or should I say block work if you are putting it together yourself? I'm in the middle of rebuilding my 87 944 Turbo engine that has a badly scored #3 piston and it looks like the 100.5mm pistons aren't big enough to bore that score out?! Basically just need some input on how your process has been going do's and don't.

THanks
Old 07-27-2002, 01:44 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

[quote]Originally posted by *eurospeed951*:
<strong>Ok, I just have a few more parts to put on. I am still a little unclear on what to do with some of the boost lines. I am only going to install the Deltagate and boost gauge for right now. I will install the Profec A and adjustable FPR when the engine is running. With the deltagate, should I just block off the extra fitting intill I install the boost controler? Also, when I do install the boost controler and get rid of the cycaling vaulve One line comes from the intercooler pipe, one from the wasgate and one from the intake boot. What do I do with the line from the intake boot? Thanks</strong><hr></blockquote>

you can also use teh delatgate as a signle port if you wnat.

just put a bolt in the line to intake and close it with a clamp

Konstantin
Old 07-27-2002, 04:04 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"With the deltagate, should I just block off the extra fitting intill I install the boost controler? "

Sure you can use the Deltagate as a single-port wastegate. Just hook up the stock wastegate line to the side (boost) port of the Deltagate. However, due to differences in diaphram size and spring-tension, I'm not sure what levels of boost you'll get by controlling it with the stock CV.

"Also, when I do install the boost controler and get rid of the cycaling vaulve One line comes from the intercooler pipe, one from the wasgate and one from the intake boot. What do I do with the line from the intake boot?"

Just disconnect that line at the intake boost. Them close off the tube on the intake with a rubber cap. A good test of manual dexterity would be to see if you can remove the CV from without taking off the intake manifold, heh, heh...

To hook up the Deltagate with a manual controller, follow the instruction by splitting the intercooler line into two. One goes directly to the side (boost) port. The other goes into our boost-controller, then to the upper (vacuum) port.

This operates in reverse from the earlier configuration where it uses increased pressure (boost) to open up the wastegate, just like the stock one. Now in dual-port mode, it will use decreased pressure (vacuum) to open the wastegate.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:29 PM
*eurospeed951*
Burning Brakes

Dan87951, I sent my block to SFR and they had a shop that they use do the work.

Thanks for all the info. Just one more question. What do I do, if anything, the little electrical connection on the to of the CV when I get rid of the CV? Also, do you all think I can get all the vacume line and T's I need from Home Depot or Lowes?

Quick Reply: Need some quick help