Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

No Porsche in Forza 4!!! :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 02:56 PM
Crackership
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry No Porsche in Forza 4!!! :(

Apparently, due to some BS licensing issues, there will be NO Porsche cars in Forza 4

This makes me very sad. I'm not a big gamer, but I've played every iteration of Forza, and thoroughly enjoyed building my ideal 951 to drive around the Nurburgring... I guess that's just not going to happen this time.

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2011/08/...he-you-forza-4
Old 10-05-2011, 03:02 PM
slap929
Pro

Yeah I saw this several weeks ago on jalopnik.com. Porsches are not loved by the gaming world because all the "modern" Porsches are 911s or some variant of it(9ff, tt, ect.). This removal from Forza 4 is due to EA's licensing or something to that effect. They had 944 turbos and 914s in the previous version, sucks that they cant do it again.

Someone needs to come out with a good simulator for PC. Consoles are now closer to 6 years old and the graphics are showing their age.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:20 PM
Zeff
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Iracing is a pretty good pc sim
Old 10-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Ronin-951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

STILL running pc NFS Porsche Unleashed, not the best graphics, or flashiest paint jobs, or, or, or, but with Force Feedback, best true to life feeling experience out there. I can't even remember the name of the 3/11 release game I waited 6 months for with bated breath, cars drive like Dump Trucks.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Medski
Instructor

I'm liking NFS Shift 2. Feels pretty good.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:20 PM
slap929
Pro

my problem with iracing is that it looks very dated and cost a monthly subscription cost. I do like how they keep stats on people and have real tracks.

I looked at downloading NFS shift 2 but wondered how it would be online. Really want a good looking game that plays well online(and isnt to much of an arcade racer). My desires will never be fulfilled by game companies; just not a big part of the market like FPS or RTS.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is it sad that I've often considered impulse buying a 360 and Forza 3 just to get my 944 Turbo fix while its real life counterpart is in bits in the garage? I already have a PS3, GT5, and a Logitech wheel, but I haven't had the time to play that in over 6 months so it's hard to justify another console.

Years back I used to waste a lot of time playing GT Legends (PC Game by Simbin, the guys that did GTR, Race, etc.) online, pissing off people in their Detomaso Panteras and Covrvettes by constantly nipping at their bumper with the 911. They'd run away on the straights, but had to brake early and corner super slow. I would often make them overcook a corner/blow the apex, and in some cases completely spin/crash. This tactic worked even better towards the ends of races when their tires were shot from always using too much gas to push out of a corner and burning their rear tires off. Most people thought I was cheating because they had never seen the 911 get the lap times I was putting down. Man I miss having free time...

Quick Edit: Slap, look into GTR, GTR2, Race 07, and my personal favorite (though it's now really complicated to get a game going online) GT Legends. You should be happily surprised by what they bring to the table. There used to be a really nice Wiki page detailing the physics engines used by various racing simulators but I can't seem to find it anymore.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Apparently, Porsche doesn't like licensing game publishers too much. Don't know why, that's just what I've read.

And +1 on the NFS PU!!

For those of you who have played NFS shi(f)'t 2, can you heel toe in it, or is like the first one, where you can only push 2 pedals at once? Some "simulator" it was...
Old 10-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

And Scott, yes, that's sad. But you're not alone...
Old 10-05-2011, 07:38 PM
CXC Simulations
Former Vendor

Yeah it's a real shame there is nothing for the general public wanting Porsche simulator content.

We've done some really serious simulation models (private stuff) for customers who race Cup cars and RSR's, but that all stays private under Porsche licensing rules. Shame really.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:12 PM
slap929
Pro

Its awesome to see vendors like yourself, just sucks that everything you sell is way over my head as far as price goes... What program/game are you using for the cxcsimulators? Is it online capable? Great looking stuff regardless.

911s dont handle? That's not what I have been told...
Old 10-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Ben951S
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CXC, you only do leases?
Old 10-05-2011, 08:38 PM
CXC Simulations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by slap929
Its awesome to see vendors like yourself, just sucks that everything you sell is way over my head as far as price goes... What program/game are you using for the cxcsimulators? Is it online capable? Great looking stuff regardless.
We use a variety of racing software (now flight as well!). Everything from iRacing to rFactor to dedicated racing software for engineers like rFactor Pro and CarSim. We even load video games like F1 2011 and and Dirt3 because even those can be really fun in a full on simulator.

I feel you there on the price thing. The problem is, every time we go to the drawing board to design a low cost version, we end up making so many compromises in accuracy and user experience, that we end up just scrapping the idea. It's like asking Porsche or Ferrari to make a car to compete with the Ford Fiesta. It's really hard for us to put our name on something that would be considered a compromise. I suppose we are just to OCD to do it Trust me when I say we agonize over every detail!

There are also quite a few options for those looking for a lower budget level already out there. I've driven almost everything out there, so I'd be happy to offer advise.

Originally Posted by phoenix_iii
CXC, you only do leases?
Nope, we primarily do direct sales. Our leasing is just another option.

See our configuration tool on our site for more information.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:53 AM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

The Gt3's in rFactor go pretty quick around nordshliefe for me...
Old 10-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Furbz
AutoX

There is supposed to be some of the RUF cars in the game.

Quick Reply: No Porsche in Forza 4!!! :(