1988 Turbo S for Sale - asking moon money~

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 06:03 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
Part it, you might get at least $ 12k for sure after a lot of work answering emails back in forth, packing , shipping. A car like that, with all due respect is worth 5k at least here in Socal, I assume back east probably a little bit more, not trying to be a jerk just being realistic,
Man Lart - don't know how you mange that number on a turbo S. I can't get anywhere near that. Can barely even sell a turbo S motor and trans for $1500 each these days. After that there isn't much left....
Old 10-02-2011, 06:19 PM
JJK78
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's just time to let this thread die as clearly nothing good is coming from it at this point. Since I clearly should have lied about the condition telling everyone it was a mint flawless car only to suprise them with all the "bad" things wrong with it.

Looks like the $18 i spent to find a sucker to pawn off my POS to on these forums just didn't pan out.

Nothing more to say and nothing more will be said here, just forget I ever posted it. I'm done~
Old 10-02-2011, 06:38 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh B
Man Lart - don't know how you mange that number on a turbo S. I can't get anywhere near that. Can barely even sell a turbo S motor and trans for $1500 each these days. After that there isn't much left....
True, I was adding a little because of the mods and good interior, but the days when a turbo S left you a lot of money are gone, i was thinking about parting boxsters but the guys who drive those cars unlike the 951 owners dont know anything about their cars, I was selling some boxster wheels I placed a picture with the stamped part # which started with 986.XXX and I had a guy asking me if they were Boxster wheels because he had a boxster.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:43 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by JJK78
Since I clearly should have lied about the condition telling everyone it was a mint flawless car only to suprise them with all the "bad" things wrong with it.
you guys don't use carfax back east?
Old 10-02-2011, 06:47 PM
Ryan_U
Racer

I don't want to rain on your parade but even if your car was mint it would be worth about 12k... There is a black 1988 Turbo S on autotrader that is in better shape asking 13k and black is just as rare as your color... Most of the stuff you did on the car was just maintenance to get it running. I don't see any performance parts that could somewhat increase the value. If you get everything fixed and add a brand new set of tires, expect 11k. If you decide to chop up the car and sell it as parts, you'll get about 8k and you will spend weeks doing the work and it might take years to sell everything. Add to the fact that you need the money fast and your better off cutting your losses and price it to sell and not priced for the "moon". I don't know what you were expecting from this site, that we would pay a premium to help you out? Good luck duping somebody into paying your price.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:53 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it's just time to let this thread die as clearly nothing good is coming from it at this point. Since I clearly should have lied about the condition telling everyone it was a mint flawless car only to suprise them with all the "bad" things wrong with it.

Looks like the $18 i spent to find a sucker to pawn off my POS to on these forums just didn't pan out.

Nothing more to say and nothing more will be said here, just forget I ever posted it. I'm done~
Old 10-02-2011, 08:01 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

op, nice car. hope you get a good price for her.

bridges, thanks a lot. now i gottz 2 have photos done at Bonneville, UT.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:33 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

You were honest. No better way than to be up front about every issue with the car. Too bad the price was unrealistic. If you don't want to hear every opinion, don't post on a public forum, especially with the disclaimer of "I know it's priced too high." That's just asking for everyone to specifically point that out.

Just sayin'...

Old 10-02-2011, 09:38 PM
porrsha
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Go back and delete your orginal post and the thread should go away....
Old 10-02-2011, 10:10 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Originally Posted by odurandina
bridges, thanks a lot. now i gottz 2 have photos done at Bonneville, UT.
Photos my *** - be a real man and run the car
That old turd went 156.9 on the stocker longblock and 26/6 turbo on the salt
Old 10-02-2011, 11:18 PM
pr951
Advanced

I just wish people would stop chopping up these cars. Especially nice examples that could go on to a new owner who could enjoy them as we do.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:25 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Josh B
I'll take a turbo motor if you have one.....
Old 10-03-2011, 09:42 AM
tomee
AutoX

Originally Posted by pr951
I just wish people would stop chopping up these cars. Especially nice examples that could go on to a new owner who could enjoy them as we do.
+1 It's a strange attitude that I see less often with the other P-car models. Yes, 914s used to get parted out all the time, but about 10x more of them were made vs the 944 Turbo, and now only the rusty ones are getting chopped up. Running, functioning, good condition 944 Turbos seem to be parted out about once a month on this forum. Weird.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Ronin-951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think your crazy asking Moon money, I havn't seen the bottomline on NASA's 'new' heavy lift vehicle - basicly a 50 year old Saturn V with a couple of solid rocket boosters tacked on, but I would guess it will be more than half the price of the original. Your thoughts on the color and interior mimic mine, I went WAY out of my way to find that combo. GLWS, but I hope you keep it.

Quick Reply: 1988 Turbo S for Sale - asking moon money~