Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

AZBanks rebuild thread - IT"S DEAD!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Epic2112
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leaving the tip a bit further out may limit all the crud and soot that collects back there a bit. Just a thought.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:41 PM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

I think the gray wheels are awesome and not too dark at all. Suggestion? Pick that color up a bit more on the body by painting the turbo badge the same, and get a turbo fender decal made in the same color. I may toy around with that color on your splitter as well. If not then definitely red instead of black.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:22 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaCay
I think the gray wheels are awesome and not too dark at all. Suggestion? Pick that color up a bit more on the body by painting the turbo badge the same, and get a turbo fender decal made in the same color. I may toy around with that color on your splitter as well. If not then definitely red instead of black.

Splitter and 968 rear spoiler??
Old 10-05-2011, 12:33 AM
SeaCay
Thefu
Rennlist Member

Received 658 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by azbanks
Splitter and 968 rear spoiler??
Hmmmm, that just may work as well. Just not the diffuser though.

FYI: I won't have my 951 with me in CA, but, the aforementioned plans are still 100% go. Hopefully yours is ready to go, I'd like to take a look at it a little closer, and perhaps we can get some great shots of it in the Park (I'll have a pretty nice camera rig with me).
Old 10-05-2011, 02:03 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

The diffuser definitely stays body color.
I'm thinking smoked front makers would look good.

My car will be ready for RSR if I have to swap out the drive from my Schwinn to make it.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:17 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

The tap worked on the downpipe. The exhaust is almost done. I just need a cat to pass emissions and the bung installed for the wideband.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:40 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The color is a grey metallic from a Saturn. I do not remember the model or year. I can dig up the info if you need the details. I picked it because it matched the powder coating on my wheels. It looks pretty similar to the color you have on your son's parts.
Do you use RAL color charts in the USA? It is a very handy system when you can have exactly the same shade of color regardless type of color. So it can be powder, car paint, house paint etc.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:06 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

I've never seen a RAL color chart before. That doesn't mean much. They could be in use in certain industries and I would hear nothing about it.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tap worked on the downpipe. The exhaust is almost done. I just need a cat to pass emissions and the bung installed for the wideband.
I've got one of them too......Why didn't you mention this earlier?

How's the top end coming?
Old 10-06-2011, 03:18 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
I've got one of them too......Why didn't you mention this earlier?

How's the top end coming?
I was planning on buying one but it keeps getting pushed to the back of the to-do list.

I'm starting on the top end today. I didn't want to start on it until I knew if I was going to be forced to pull the turbo to fix the downpipe. The only things left under the car are installing the sway bar and installing the cat.

I got KP's light kit in, the KISS oil cooler in, the radiator and fans are in(I could not get the fans in with the aluminum radiator in place so the stock radiator is in)
Old 10-06-2011, 09:36 PM
cruise98
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks great. You should have it running soon.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Jeremy Himsel
Addict
Rennlist Member

did you flush the radiator out a bit? It was pretty nasty.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:21 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jeremy Himsel
did you flush the radiator out a bit? It was pretty nasty.
I did flush it but I think I will drain it after the first 15 minute run. I'm already draining the oil at that point so I might as well be thorough.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Got Me a Porsha
Racer

If you can avoid purchasing the cat from Speed Force Racing, you will be doing yourself a HUGE favor!

I bought the "944 Turbo 3" bolt-in cat" from Tim in June 2009. Less than a year later the catalyst came apart, plugging the cat...causing the car to run terrible.

The cat is manufactured by Magnaflow, which has a full lifetime warranty. Rather than exchange it, Tim offered me another cat at cost. Unfortunately, as per Magnaflow, I would have to go through Tim to have Magnaflow honor the warranty. When I asked him to honor the warranty, he refused to return ANY of my calls or emails.

After talking to Magnaflow, they recommended using their "Spun Catalyst", which flows better and is designed to be more tolerant of boost applications. Time permitting, I plan to remove the useless cat from the flange, and weld the new spun cat in. Baby's due for emissions testing
Old 10-09-2011, 02:38 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

SFR has gotten a very bad reputation very quickly. I will not be buying anything from them.

I reran the power cable for the lights and they work perfectly.

If I can get the complete lack of fuel pressure worked out, it should fire right up. I swapped out the DME relay with a brand new one and did not see any change. I'm worried my fuel pump may be dead.

I've got two small water leaks. Water is seeping out from the plastic housing on the front of the water pump. I don't remember if I had a new gasket for that. The leak the is bothering me is the one from the passenger side of the lower radiator support. I do not see where the water is coming from. There is a little rubber piece sticking out the bottom of the radiator support(I think it is the bottom of the radiator support grommit)and water is leaking off that. I can't see where it is coming from. All the hose connections are dry. I can not see any water dripping down the radiator. It's like it is magically appearing at the bottom of the radiator.

Quick Reply: AZBanks rebuild thread - IT"S DEAD!