Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 10:36 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Identify your requirements and your long term goals before spending a $. For a turbo to perform, it will require supporting mods.

As far as the Vitesse turbos, we can provide you BB turbos, however we don't encourage it as we are yet to see the advantages over the non BB we offer. We perform lots of modification to the turbos (a) to make them live. Our turbos are designed to survive on the track even in Enduro racing. (b) fast spoolup and recovery.

There is a thread by Jet951 where various turbos (BB and non BB) were compared.

Feel free to contact if you have any questions.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

John, are you talking about when jet951 posted dyno readings in hp with the 3 turbos, your stage 3 + gt3071r + gt3076r ?

if it is i've turned that data into a chart and i'll post it up if that's what you're talking about
Old 09-09-2011, 11:16 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Paulyy, I can't remember the exact details, but it sounds right. Combining the data helps, however I would check with whoever posted the data if it's ok to format it and to post it.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:11 PM
jasonlp
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like Pauly, a GT3076R is not an easy quick effortless install whats so ever but I've been very happy with my Pauertuning purchase since 2008
Old 09-09-2011, 12:23 PM
brrgrr
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John at Vitesse or Charlie at Evergreen -- both guys are experts and very good to work with , but like John said, you need to identify your mounting setup, power target and supporting mods - they can spec it from there.

-- more than likely it will end up being something resembling a T04e 50 trim with a turbonetics #8 housing and a stage III wheel.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:59 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KSira
So, I have started looking at new turbos, and to be honest I have no idea what to buy. Supporting mods will be: M-Tune, injectors and 3" exhaust. Car will be used on mostly narrow tracks, so turbo lag and on/off throttle response is important.

SFR has a few good choices, the GT30R and the Precision both look very tempting. Are there any other experts wort considering? I'd rather put some extra money in to the turbo and get what I want, than go cheap and be unhappy.

http://www.speedforceracing.com/inde...categoryID=585

Please let me know your experiences with different turbos. I'd rather copy a good setup than try to reinvent the wheel again.
Thank you saved me the trouble.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:07 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fast951
Identify your requirements and your long term goals before spending a $. For a turbo to perform, it will require supporting mods.

As far as the Vitesse turbos, we can provide you BB turbos, however we don't encourage it as we are yet to see the advantages over the non BB we offer. We perform lots of modification to the turbos (a) to make them live. Our turbos are designed to survive on the track even in Enduro racing. (b) fast spoolup and recovery.

There is a thread by Jet951 where various turbos (BB and non BB) were compared.

Feel free to contact if you have any questions.
Really? I thought the BB turbo's were clearly superior in spool? Don't have one , just seems like it would be better because...it's different and different is ..uh better?
Old 09-09-2011, 01:29 PM
KSira
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Paulyy
John, are you talking about when jet951 posted dyno readings in hp with the 3 turbos, your stage 3 + gt3071r + gt3076r ?

if it is i've turned that data into a chart and i'll post it up if that's what you're talking about
I'd love to see that comparison. CEP has the engine mount for a GT30, but if a real world test shows Vitesse stage 3 is just as good as a GT, I'd rather buy something bolt on and save me the trouble of fitting a GT series turbo.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:24 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by schip43
Really? I thought the BB turbo's were clearly superior in spool? Don't have one , just seems like it would be better because...it's different and different is ..uh better?
I compared the BB to the turbos we offer on the 951. Keep in mind, we do all sort of modifications to the turbos we sell; they are not the "vanilla flavor" you get off the shelf. Nothing wrong with Vanilla, and we do sell those as well...

If you decide to go with the GT turbos, I think I have a few Tial GT mounts left. Tial is the designer/manufacturer of the GT mount..
Old 09-09-2011, 03:26 PM
KSira
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by fast951
I compared the BB to the turbos we offer on the 951. Keep in mind, we do all sort of modifications to the turbos we sell; they are not the "vanilla flavor" you get off the shelf. Nothing wrong with Vanilla, and we do sell those as well...

If you decide to go with the GT turbos, I think I have a few Tial GT mounts left. Tial is the designer/manufacturer of the GT mount..
John, while I have your attention. How much of a benefit would a ported head with bigger valves and a more aggressive cam be, when running stock internals? I know it's like asking how long a string is, but lets assume he does a very good job in porting and choosing a proper cam.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:09 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by KSira
John, while I have your attention. How much of a benefit would a ported head with bigger valves and a more aggressive cam be, when running stock internals? I know it's like asking how long a string is, but lets assume he does a very good job in porting and choosing a proper cam.
A good flowing head is beneficial period. The more air you can flow IN/OUT of a engine the more power you will make. A good flowing head will increase the engine's Volumetric Efficiency (VE). Once you get close to the 380-400rwhp mark, the stock head becomes a restriction. Of course, once you open up the head, you will find other bottlenecks.. All of the components have to work as a system!

The factory bottom end is strong, however it does have certain limitations. Those limitations are there with a modified head or with a bone stock engine running a K26/6 with factory chip & boost.

Quick Reply: Another help me choose turbo thread