Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

help with vitesse v-flex tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fast951
If you do get the Zeitronix WB system. It offers "Complex Alarms" which you can set your self. We do have a interface module so the Zeitronix can communicate with the DME running V-FLEX (or the latest V-MAF+ which is the standard MAF now). When the Zeitronix triggers a Alarm the DME will handle the "shutdown to save your engine".
Are there other Widebands that will do this also John?
Old 09-07-2011, 04:57 PM
apitts73
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this Zeitronix WB system sounds very tempting. anything to help me save this motor is tempting!
looked on the vitesse web site and could not find it or the price
Old 09-07-2011, 05:07 PM
apitts73
Racer

i emailed mike about the motor, and he is pretty sure it was detination.

The condition of the pistons indicated there was detonation. There was pitting on the top of the piston, the thermal barrier coating was almost completely blown off. Detonation will fracture the coating. The crack in the cylinder wall tells us the same thing, detonation. That can come from an engine being too lean, but it will also happen with too much timing for the quality of the fuel.

im pretty sure it wasnt too lean or too rich...i was watching my AFRs like a hawk.
and it was pretty well dead on to what john says for correct AFRs. which says alot about how close the vitesse gets you right out of the box!

adam
Old 09-07-2011, 05:49 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Black51
Are there other Widebands that will do this also John?
I'm familiar with the Zeitronix. I'm not aware of any other WB offering complex alarms with external trigger. That doesn't mean they don't exist, I'm just not aware of any.

The interface module we offer is strictly for the Zeitronix.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:53 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by apitts73
this Zeitronix WB system sounds very tempting. anything to help me save this motor is tempting!
looked on the vitesse web site and could not find it or the price

Our Website is a bit out of date and doesn't list misc. parts as this is not the market we are after.

For pricing check the Zeitronix website, many option to chose from. The interface module to the DME we only offer.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:55 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by apitts73
i emailed mike about the motor, and he is pretty sure it was detination.

The condition of the pistons indicated there was detonation. There was pitting on the top of the piston, the thermal barrier coating was almost completely blown off. Detonation will fracture the coating. The crack in the cylinder wall tells us the same thing, detonation. That can come from an engine being too lean, but it will also happen with too much timing for the quality of the fuel.

im pretty sure it wasnt too lean or too rich...i was watching my AFRs like a hawk.
and it was pretty well dead on to what john says for correct AFRs. which says alot about how close the vitesse gets you right out of the box!

adam
Running the race gas maps on pump gas was not a good idea. I also wonder what sort of CR you were running.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:07 PM
carlege
Drifting

FYI if you plan on buying the zeitronix system its the ZT2 that offers this feature not the zt-3.

I got a used zt-2 off ebay for $170 hell of a deal.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:42 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Good point Carlege.

To add, the Complex Alarms were added maybe 2 years ago. Earlier Zeitronix unit did not have it.. Check the Zeitronix website for more information.

Since older Zeitronix systems do not have the complex alarms and to eliminate any possible mismatch; we only supply the Zeitronix-to-VFLEX interface module with the Zeitronix systems we sell.
Old 09-08-2011, 11:38 AM
apitts73
Racer

Im going to find out what kind/ manufacturer of my WB sensor is....if its not the Zeitronix one i will probably get one. like i said, anything to help me protect this motor!

Quick Reply: help with vitesse v-flex tuning