Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Welt sway bar clunck?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 02:03 AM
Ken
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, I'll try and contact some places and see if we can get an order going. I'll let you guys know if I come up with anything.
Old 05-30-2003, 10:47 AM
Ken
Burning Brakes

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Danno:
<strong>Hey, those would work! Just need four of each in 1-1/8" and 7/8" for the Weltmeister bars. Thanks!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Would metric work better? Like 30mm for the front and 18mm for the rear?
Old 05-30-2003, 12:09 PM
Ken
Burning Brakes

Alright, I checked with another place I found online that seems to be more willing to work with end users. (www.americancollars.com 1-800-545-7301) The aluminum ones should be about $2 each. The stainless steel are $4. It seems aluminum is the way to go.

The part numbers:
7/8" ASP-087-2-AL
1 1/8" ASP-112-2-AL

I don't think we have a large enough volume to get any sort of discount so I don't think it pays to try a do a group buy. There's also no minimum charge. It's probably best to just call up and order what you need.

Hans, I'm not sure if they'll ship internationally. I'd imagine they would, but if they don't contact me and we could arrange something.
Old 05-30-2003, 04:57 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Ken:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Danno:
<strong>Hey, those would work! Just need four of each in 1-1/8" and 7/8" for the Weltmeister bars. Thanks!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Would metric work better? Like 30mm for the front and 18mm for the rear?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Except that the Weltmeister bars, being manufactured in the US, don't have metric dimensions. They use 1-1/8" and 7/8" bars which would correspond to a 28.6mm and 22.2mm metric size.
Old 05-30-2003, 05:06 PM
HansB
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica"> Hans, I'm not sure if they'll ship internationally. I'd imagine they would, but if they don't contact me and we could arrange something.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Ken, very kind of you to offer. I will check with them early next week and let you know. Thx
Old 05-30-2003, 05:53 PM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Ken!
I just ordered from them I will let you guys know when I receive them.
Old 05-30-2003, 06:43 PM
HansB
Pro

Ken, no luck. They don't do international business due to excessive bank charges. No paypal there. Any suggestions? H.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:57 PM
tazman
Three Wheelin'

Ok I received my clamps and installed them on the rear sway bar. I do not hear the clunk noise going slowly into driveways anymore but I still hear a slight clunk on a tight turn with a big dip in the middle. The rear also feels tighter with no other change except the clamps.

I guess I have to wait until I get the front bar mounted but the front almost feels like the tires are rolling over even though I have them at 36 PSI cold. Hopefully the front bar will correct this.

Quick Reply: Welt sway bar clunck?