Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

ATL Porsche 944 hit and run driver arrested

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:17 PM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From the looks of the porsche it hit the cycle hard! Must have had the vehicle towed to Alabama.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:26 PM
JJK78
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I still stand by everything I have said about him. I've only know him as a customer and for a few months, but I would still consider him a friend.

Certainly as more information comes to light, it is clear he was not a good decision maker to begin with driving the car unregistered and with no insurance, but I would think that was just another reason behind him leaving the scene. We won't know for sure until they actually get statements from them or until it goes to court...

I also think that all of his actions that followed were out of self preservation as regardless if he knew he killed the guy right away, it was reported on the news the next day so he certainly would have known and at that point should definitely have turned himself in and not attempted to cover it up.

Call me an ***, but personally if it were me, knowing I was probably facing no less then 10+ years to life behind bars, you could call me Juan 'cause I would have been halfway to South America~ Either that or the ~easy~ way out....
Old 08-31-2011, 08:32 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, man sorry it's just a bad deal all around. Just a lot of bad choices all around. I doubt you'd make the same one's. Starting with driving drunk..if that was the case, or no registration or no insurance etc..
Old 08-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pic of his car from the paper.
Attached Images  
Old 08-31-2011, 11:11 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a lot of neg camber, looks broken to me?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:13 PM
JJK78
Rennlist Member

I assume the bumper was off for the repair on the fender cause it didn't sound like the damage was to bad from what the paper said. But looks like they had already done a bit of work on it for sure...
Old 09-01-2011, 01:33 AM
60Driver
Instructor

An individual's true character is revealed when they're faced with real moral dilemmas, real hardships and real issues. Until then, it's easy to present an illusion of decency, honor, integrity, etc. Someone who makes negative moral decisions like this draws from their moral foundation and integrity. If they had any to begin with, they'd have done the right thing. Run, and you prove to people what you really are and always have been.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:43 AM
lejams
Pro

Originally Posted by 60Driver
An individual's true character is revealed when they're faced with real moral dilemmas, real hardships and real issues. Until then, it's easy to present an illusion of decency, honor, integrity, etc. Someone who makes negative moral decisions like this draws from their moral foundation and integrity. If they had any to begin with, they'd have done the right thing. Run, and you prove to people what you really are and always have been.
Well said
Old 09-01-2011, 08:38 PM
Ronin-951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitive post, +1 I'm sure most of us feel this way, BUT, a word of warning - Nice guys finish last - Own up to your mistakes, but keep your mouth shut, let a Lawyer do the talking for you. Nothing you tell L.E. will get you a Medal, most of it will get you time in the big house. Don't lie, but don't volunteer. I've only had speed issues with L.E., but being forth'right should be saved for Scout meetings.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:46 PM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ronin-951
Definitive post, +1 I'm sure most of us feel this way, BUT, a word of warning - Nice guys finish last - Own up to your mistakes, but keep your mouth shut, let a Lawyer do the talking for you. Nothing you tell L.E. will get you a Medal, most of it will get you time in the big house. Don't lie, but don't volunteer. I've only had speed issues with L.E., but being forth'right should be saved for Scout meetings.
+10

Dont incrimnate yourself. Its less about right and wrong when you enter the court system. God forgives and i hear prison sucks.

Quick Reply: ATL Porsche 944 hit and run driver arrested