Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Video of Block, Head, and Head Gasket - Experts Needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 02:47 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Video of Block, Head, and Head Gasket - Experts Needed

<a href="http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/c/w/cwt106/ist210_cwt106/HEAD.avi" target="_blank">Video of Block, Head, and Head Gasket (19.6 MB)</a>

Last night at approximately 1 am we finally lifted the head. I am posting this video because I could use some advice. The top of the pistons and the inside walls of the cylinders look very good (only the top of the first and last piston are shown in the video as we were cleaning up the coolant that leaked into the others). Also, the head itself did not look horrible, although you will see a valve that was running very hot. There are some scrathes I attempt to highlight in the video also (on the head). From there it shows my head gasket, which around the fourth cylinder is very warped. However, me and my buddy that worked on this are not sure whether we caused the damage to the head gasket pulling the head off. Aside from the broken part of the head gasket (which is not a lot of it) and some of the scratches on the head, we did not find any other problems. If anyone could take a look at the video and offer advice on the cause of my problem that would be great.

To restate what had happened...my car was loosing coolant for a few days, began overheating one afternoon while driving it, I brought it home and parked it to realize tons of white coolant smoke was coming out of the exhaust. The next day I fired it up for about 5 seconds and it sounded like the engine was dying (was running extremely rough), so I quickly shut it off.

Quick Reply: Video of Block, Head, and Head Gasket - Experts Needed