Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

wastegate tie in or dumped? need solid info

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:17 AM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paulyy
When i do it, i'll get my maf voltage and compair it and see if there's any difference. And also, if by boost drops, i know i've gained back pressure.
Your MAF reading will only tell you if there is a change in indicated power. Brake power is indicated power - losses (internal engine friction and pumping losses). You'd be reducing pumping losses, so you may realize a gain without being able to measure it from the MAF. That reduction may also improve VE, which would increase indicated, meaning you'd measure a change, as well. I would speculate VE may tick up slightly, but that overall, your biggest potential gain would be from a reduction in pumping losses.

I don't think boost pressure will be impacted by this. The wastegate signal comes from the intake side. I think any change in pressure in the system pushing on the valve in the gate would be overwhelmed by the internals of the wastegate.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:25 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Yep not a problem. It takes me about 10 min to swap between the 2. I will do it back to back. I have some thick oven mitts if the pipe is warm

The setup I have is pretty slick to work on. 2 studs and 1 clamp to take apart. Slide on the wastegate tie in muffler and pipe from wastegate to tie in muffler...zip up clamps and put nuts on the 2 studs and done.

I do have lots of other stuff to do this year but if things go well then yes I should get it done.

Originally Posted by Paulyy
The problem is with this, is you need to dyno it, then the same day modify it and dyno it again all on that one day, because weather.

When i do it, i'll get my maf voltage and compair it and see if there's any difference. And also, if by boost drops, i know i've gained back pressure.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:42 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gruhsy
Yep not a problem. It takes me about 10 min to swap between the 2. I will do it back to back. I have some thick oven mitts if the pipe is warm

The setup I have is pretty slick to work on. 2 studs and 1 clamp to take apart. Slide on the wastegate tie in muffler and pipe from wastegate to tie in muffler...zip up clamps and put nuts on the 2 studs and done.

I do have lots of other stuff to do this year but if things go well then yes I should get it done.
I really don't think yours will make much of a difference.. Your exhaust is massive!!

Quick Reply: wastegate tie in or dumped? need solid info